Chapter 7 | Discuss Lethal White! | Discuss

Chapter 7
09/26/2018 - 9:08 am

Robin Ellacott said
And what a statement that green dress on Robin would've made to Strike!

I think/ hope JK is saving the green dress for a bigger moment between them.

Rutland Belle
09/24/2018 - 1:25 pm

"She fetched Vanessa a drink and came back to find her lighting up"

In the TV adaptation it was Vanessa who made fuss about Strike wanting to smoke in the office. She said she had asthma. 🙂

This bothered me as well! Maybe just a discrepancy between the books and adaptation? Or Vanessa was just trying to make him feel bad for wanting to smoke in the interview?

Too much smoking going on in the book, for my liking anyway. 🙂

09/24/2018 - 8:19 am

"Out of the corner of her eye, Robin saw Lorelei's scarlet-tipped hand slide into Strike's, which had been marked across the palm with the very same knife that had forever scarred Robin's arm."

This is one of my most favorite sentences in the book. 🙂

09/24/2018 - 8:09 am

"She fetched Vanessa a drink and came back to find her lighting up"

09/22/2018 - 4:19 am

And what a statement that green dress on Robin would've made to Strike!

Nelli_
09/21/2018 - 6:13 pm

1. I waited the whole party for someone to spill some red wine. I always manage to spill some. Why couldn't none of the idiots in the party? Sarah to be a bitch? Oh imagine Sarah “accidently” spilling wine on the grey dress and Robin coming out in the green one!
2. Can’t remember the last time I got so effing angry about a line in a book.
3. WHO SAYS THAT TO THEIR LOVED ONES????
4. Fucking unbelievable.
5. Better responses to “I like you pale” include but are not limited to:

“and I liked you when you were 19.” Pulls on the green dress.

“Oh I like you pale too!” Robin picks up phone and calls Shanker “What’s your going rate for stabbing husbands? Uhhuh-uhhuh – and if I want it to look like a vampire did it, you know drain his blood out? Okay.” Ends call, shrugs at Matt “Can’t afford it on this lousy salary.” Pulls on the green dress.

"And I'd like a divorce."

Just bloody anything other than what happened. Fanfiction writers please fix this. Please.

09/18/2018 - 12:08 am