Strike Series - Dream Cast? | Discuss Cormoran Strike! | Discuss

Strike Series - Dream Cast?
(Online)
11/15/2018 - 7:15 pm

Johnny Depp to play Jonny Rokeby. Especially now that he has been dropped from the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.
(And of course there's the big J.K. Rowling connection too)

10/22/2018 - 6:58 pm

The very first episode of Cuckoo showed us a very brief glimpse of Charlotte, who was played by Natasha O'Keeffe. She is lovely, but a little more average-looking than I expected. I suppose they intend to stick with her throughout -- but (as I posted on the "Charlotte" thread under Lethal White) given how many times we are told about Charlotte's legendary head-turning beauty, I'm not sure if very many actresses anywhere are up to the task!

I know that someone nominated Maime McCoy; I had to look her up because I wasn't familiar with her, and she is very pretty. I would personally nominate an Australian actress, Sybilla Deen. WOW. If you haven't seen her before, take a look. (If we were back in the 1980s, I think Rachel Ward could have been extraordinary too.)

10/22/2018 - 3:50 am

Mrs. Tebben said
Wouldn't it be fun (and excellent) if they cast Luke Pasqualino as Raphael Chiswell in Lethal White?Β Β

I was thinking of Theo James. He's perfectly handsome looking and he might could perform menace, but sadly he doesn't look Italian enough (he's partly Greek). I kinda agree that Luke is Italian, he might fit for the part, but I cannot imagine him menacing and dangerous looking especially when he kidnapped Robin in that boat (I watched The Musketeers, he's still less intimidating than Tom Burke). I hope I'm wrong, and yes The Musketeer reunion would be really fun.

I really want Hugo Weaving for Chiswell, please (after seeing him in Patrick Melrose), or Ralph Fiennes. I hope they're not too expensive to play a part in Strike.

10/21/2018 - 7:13 pm

04/02/2017 - 5:25 pm

Thanks for posting this new thread! Everyone is welcome -- actually, encouraged! -- to do so.

Anjelica Houston comes to mind as Liz Tassel, but I don't know how convincing her British accent would be. I liked the look of Matt Berry as Cormoran, but not sure he has the acting range for the character. I like the idea of Jared Harris for Jerry Waldegrave.

Ellie B.
03/29/2017 - 7:47 pm

Nikki said

And Tom's actor parents should just play Uncle Ted and Aunt Joan. πŸ˜› I don't really have anyone for Jonny Rokeby, in my head he looked like Ozzy Osbourne.

How about you guys?Β Β

Oh and I was forgetting: YES A THOUSAND TIME YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for both ideas! So on point Nikki!!!!

Ellie B.
03/29/2017 - 7:45 pm

Nikki said

Elizabeth Tassel - Frances de la Tour. Just when I read her, this image of the actress as Madam Maxime popped in my head πŸ˜›
Jeff Whittaker - Marc Warren? Wouldn't it be cool if he goes head to head with Tom Burke again?
Noel Brockbank - I was picturing Joel Edgerton (especially after watching 'Loving'), but obviously he's very unlikely to end up actually doing the part.
Charlotte Campbell - Maime McCoy? Mostly because of her work in Tom Burke's other show, The Musketeers. Or Natalie Dormer? She's stunning. πŸ˜›

How about you guys?Β Β

Frances de la Tour! What a great idea! Love her!
I think Joel Edgerton may be a bit too young for the part. I picture him slightly older...
Marc Warren... why not, he has the kind of cheeks that would match a drug addict (poor thing! I sound really mean! I hope this forum is only read by Strike geeks and nerds! - us) .
As for Charlotte Campbell I have to disagree I'm afraid. Maimie McCoy would be too much of a 'musketeers' reunion and for both McCoy and Dormer, although they are beautiful women, they don't strike me as so-stunning- everybody-shuts-up-and-look-at-them...

LindMea said
Ever since watching Galavant I can't picture anyone but Mallory Jansen playing Charlotte. She's beautiful, has great cheekbones, dark hair - and Charlotte's personality is... pretty close to Madalena. (The character she played on Galavant).Β Β

I checked her - 'cause I didn't know her- and she would be closer to the idea...

I like this topic, I'll have to think about it more! feels like a challenge!

03/29/2017 - 3:50 pm

~~~ Follow me on Tumblr | Find my Strike Series Fanfic on A03 ~~~

03/29/2017 - 3:15 pm

I hope creating a new topic is alright! Sorry if it isn't, and I wouldn't mind if it's removed. πŸ™‚

Obviously, we're going to get more casting news by the day as the filming is about to wrap (by April, if I'm not mistaken?) but we still haven't got news on who will play important roles like Charlotte, Jeff Whittaker, and even Leda (if they're going to do flashbacks).

Does anyone have actors they hope will take the role? Or even the actors you were picturing in your head while you were reading? Here are some of mine:

How about you guys?