Lethal white publication | Page 6 | Discuss Cormoran Strike! | Discuss

Register Members

Lethal white publication
01/24/2018 - 6:34 pm

my thoughts exactly (or rather: my hopes). It would be absolutely fabulous if LW has been at the publishers since before Christmas, and they are just waiting for the perfect moment to push publicity (kinda like Owen Quine lol)

It would be perfect if LW would get published, right after CoE have aired, but it probably get just as much publicity after the show airs in USA if not more, not that JKR books need much publicity. If she posted today that the book is available on amazon I would purchase it within seconds. I only read the books a year ago, and I already can't wait to get my hands on the next one, I don't want to know what it is like to people that are waiting for it since 2015.

01/24/2018 - 6:24 pm

Leafling said

Probably, but I hope that lethal white is already with the publishers and she is writing Cormoran Strike #5 so we don't have to wait this ling for that one. 🙂

I'm really looking forward to CoE. I'm curious to see the changes they made to the book.

01/24/2018 - 6:18 pm

Impulse said
Was her tweet yesterday about lethal white? It would make sense, although she must be close to finishing at this point. And yay about Career of evil being shown next month!!!

01/23/2018 - 3:12 pm

01/22/2018 - 12:58 am

Shapeburn said

Yup that all seems legit and utterly heart breaking as it has been at least a 42 year wait for this book, right?

IT'S. BEEN. E I G H T Y F O U R Y E A R S.

seriously this wait is LETHAL. (haha.)

~~~ Follow me on Tumblr | Find my Strike Series Fanfic on A03 ~~~

01/21/2018 - 10:29 pm

LindMea said

I really, REALLY think that they're going to announce the publication date of Lethal White right after Career of Evil finishes airing, and that it will actually be published in June to coincide with the US telecast. It only makes sense from a publicity standpoint, right?? And it's usually about four months between the announcement of these books and their actual publication dates. FINGERS CROSSED, EVERYONE!

01/21/2018 - 6:52 am

LindMea said

I completely agree. Fingers crossed!

01/20/2018 - 8:33 pm

Eka said

Career of Evil is going to air in Feb on BBC One as per reports. And the whole series of three books will be telecast in June in the US. Needless to say I am eagerly waiting for both the book and the show!

~~~ Follow me on Tumblr | Find my Strike Series Fanfic on A03 ~~~

01/20/2018 - 5:03 pm

Honestly I don't even know what I would prefer anymore if JKR just posted that she finished writing it and it will +6 months until it is available for purchase or if one day (months from now) she just posted that it is in stores already.

01/20/2018 - 4:26 pm

Impulse said

I reckon so, I wonder why she keeps on changing and re writing bits. The only other book she has done this on as far as we are aware is goblet of fire, however goblet of fire is my favourite book the way it all comes together.
So for me if the intricacies and details are like that then I would be happy to wait another year.
However the waiting game is hard I usually have a look around once a month and get disappointed each time, I'm finding it hilarious and frustrating, it must be around 8 months since I originally read them.
Atleast it looks like career of evil is going to be on bbc1 soon, can't wait!
When are they all being shown in America? I reckon after all of them have aired here now, maybe in 4 or 5 months time.
However if J K Rowling is still working on the book then won't it be at least 6 months until it's published? Maybe an October or November release then just in time for Christmas and around the same time as fantastic beasts I'd wager.

I thought she could be referring to the final draft of LW. Although there are enough indications that she has been working on the book for quite some time now, from her own tweets the book was still not done in Oct-Nov 2017.

01/20/2018 - 7:24 am

irnbrugirl66 said
So on JKR's Twitter feed is Edinburgh Castle in the snow. Could Lethal White refer to snow?

Lethal White supposed to take off where CoE has ended, and the wedding is in June/July , so I don't think Lethal White refer to snow.

I can't wait for this to be published . Yesterday I listened to the interview with JK Rowling (Robert Galbraith) -Val McDermid at Harrogate International Festival 2014 on YouTube and she mentions that she started writing the plot for LW back then so I'm really hoping that the rewriting tweet refers to the 5th book and LW is already with the publishers.

01/20/2018 - 12:33 am

Eka said
On Jan 11 J.K. Rowling tweeted about her being busy with 'rewriting'. I thought it could be about LW.

Atleast it looks like career of evil is going to be on bbc1 soon, can't wait!

01/16/2018 - 8:40 am

01/15/2018 - 1:19 am

Snow -- interesting thought! I just can't wait for the book to be published. Arrgghh!

01/01/2018 - 6:53 pm

Eka
12/10/2017 - 9:53 am

I have a feeling (and probably am completely wrong) that the book might be published only after the telecast of Career of Evil.

12/10/2017 - 4:52 am

Nope, still no news 🙁 Although Rowling did have an image of Denmark Street as her Twitter header a few days ago for a little while, so maybe that means an announcement is coming soon???

(I'm really grasping at straws here lol)

~~~ Follow me on Tumblr | Find my Strike Series Fanfic on A03 ~~~

Kat
12/09/2017 - 11:54 pm

Anybody knows anything about the release date?
I ve searched with a fine comb all over internet, couldnt find anything...getting itchy 😀

08/15/2017 - 2:55 pm

I was just thinking that lethal white probably won't be published in Britain until after the tv series has aired. Since J.K Rowling/Gabrailth has probably only recently finished the book.
So I'm wondering if the publisher will wait until all of the tv series has aired in America too, so that there will be more interest in the book and hence more money for them.
This is as long as the tv series is successful after all, which I hope so, however it's only been months for me since I read them and would like it asap.

I don't know how you have all coped so long 😂
And a weird thing is that I'm getting full on stalked by a stranger (I think) since a couple of weeks after I finished the series, it's scary shit and I know I'm not going crazy 😂 I've seen him as fresh as day.

I want the series to be successful but I also can't wait for the next book.
I reckon it will actually start before the wedding from robins pov. She finds out about what Mathew done to her phone, so they have an argument about it before the wedding, but robin goes through with it for her family, hence why her and Mathew are both 'stony faced'.
Or she finds out Mathew has continued the affair with what's her face and then same scenario as above.
However I reckon it's the first scenario, but Mathew has been continuing the affair with what's her face (although we don't know it yet). Or he ends up having another affair as their marriage crumbles.

Sorry for the long post I obviously had more to get off my chest than I thought 😂.
And hello to everyone x