Lethal white publication | Page 6 | Discuss Cormoran Strike! | Discuss

Leafling said
Lethal White update by J.K Rowling : st

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF *crying*

01/30/2018 - 6:14 pm

Lethal White update by J.K Rowling : st

01/30/2018 - 12:24 pm

But doesn't the making of the audiobook take some time? Or do they start recording already before the publication of the book?

What about the ebook? Does anybody know? (Ebook does not need "shipment" in the original sense, so I guess it should be readily available, once paid. Provided of course that it is released at all at the time of the publication of the book...)

In my experience they resale the book in all medias at the same time.

01/30/2018 - 9:00 am

I have no idea, but the publication of CoE took six months. 🙁 Rowling tweeted that she finished the book on 24 April 2015 and the book was published some time in October.... (Yes, I would have thought it takes less...)

It may be the first draft she mentions here ... but if not, this could mean that Lethal White will become a nice Christmas present CryConfused

01/30/2018 - 8:55 am

Leafling said

I agree, Robert Glenister did an amazing job with the voices, and I agree with you on I don't want to speed true LW, but Amazon shipping to Budapest takes a min. 1-2 weeks, and I know that I won't be able to resist starting the books as soon as it is available.

01/30/2018 - 8:48 am

janeausten24 said
Does anyone in general know what the lag time between an author's final edits and publication usually is? On the order of many months I assume? Just because it seems that JKR is still writing, and she hasn't even gotten to the final edits yet.

01/30/2018 - 8:25 am

janeausten24 said

YES, the audiobooks are absolutely amazing. Robert Glenister has been an absolute education in the breadth of accents in the books (yup, ignorant 'Murican here). And I couldn't imagine either Strike's or Robin's voices without his inflections and tone!!

I might make an exception for Lethal White though...I'm too hungry to know what happens to be sated by the speed of audio 😛

01/30/2018 - 7:26 am

janeausten24 said

I don't know how it is in England, but here in The Netherlands production after the final edits takes approximately 3 to 4 months.

01/29/2018 - 10:59 pm

Leafling said

At this point I think I would prefer that. I would buy the audio book, so fast. I love listening to them while I work.

01/28/2018 - 12:20 pm

hope you are right guys 🙂

01/28/2018 - 12:00 pm

Kaqu said

I'm not sure it would be in there – the catalogue was compiled last autumn and I can imagine they didn't want to name a date just then. Besides, JK Rowling doesn't need to be mentioned in a regular catalogue for booksellers. I think it will get its own marketing campaign anyway.

I'm still counting on a late June/early July release, to coincide with the broadcast of the series in the US. If she finishes the final manuscript in the coming few weeks, this is (from my little experience with publishing) a reasonable period for production of a book.

But I may be fooling myself, because I really don't want to wait till September 😉

By the way, The Silkworm was published on 19 June 2014, so apparently it's not a strange time of the year for publishing a detective novel.

Exactly. If you look into the fall/winter catalogue for 2017/18 it even includes titles to be published in June. So, not all hope's lost.

01/28/2018 - 11:52 am

however, there's still time (haha! see what I did there? 😉

Hahaha Laugh

01/28/2018 - 11:49 am

Leafling said
I was just checked the upcoming 2018 Jan. - June releases of Sphare publishing and Lethal White is not on the list, so it is safe to assume that LW will not be published in the first half of the year. Find the link below if you want to check it out (pages 59 -89).

I highly doubt the numbers for June already include every publication that will actually come out that month. The average amount of books published each month is around 38 (FEB: 34; MAR: 42; APR: 36; may: 38), yet, for June there are only 25 books confirmed to be released. Seems more like a few books are yet to be announced. Of course, that might not include LW, after all; however, there's still time (haha! see what I did there? 😉

01/28/2018 - 11:42 am

Leafling said

01/28/2018 - 10:05 am

01/28/2018 - 8:32 am

Impulse said

Imagine them pulling a fast one and it just hits the shelf with no warning, I would totally go to the bookstore 😂

01/27/2018 - 8:49 pm

Leafling said

You know what I think is a shame is that we've got to speculate when it will be released based on when the publishers will make the most money.

I agree, I don't see why they can't just give us a date already, unless they planing to announce it once it in the stores.

01/27/2018 - 12:09 pm

01/27/2018 - 11:42 am

Great sleuthing, Kaqu!

Impulse said Just seen your June comment it could be but that would mean she completed it over Christmas right? And we definitely know she was still writing it before Christmas.
I feel like debby downer here lol

Seems really plausible, that she completed the project in December and never told us (do you remember her tweet at the beginning of December saying "it's coming it's coming"?).

So, she must be busy with the editor's annotations right now - which makes sense that she barely is on Twitter anymore. Also: I've been wondering for a while if her current twitter header with the stack of books alludes to the fact that she is in the finishing phase of several projects. Strike and fantast beasts we know of, and then there's the children's book she has been talking about for ages. Does anyone know when she changed the header?

EDIT: and on top of that we KNOW that June is when strike will air in the US. This coinciding with the LW publication seems like a GREAT publicity idea.

I'm sure it's going to be successful ether way, but I'd rather it would be organic and released as soon as possible. I guess this is just how it is for businesses now.

01/27/2018 - 11:37 am

Leafling said

Impulse said

Hmmm September 1st is interesting cause isn't that when harry potter goes to school, and it's a big harry potter event every year now. Idk just seems a bit odd though that she would have a strike book released on a big hp day, unless perhaps she thinks it will be good luck.

Or it could be September only because mystery and thriller/horror books sell better in general during fall season, close to Halloween and all that, and it has nothing to do with HP.

September is fine to release the book great actually as it sooner rather than later, but all I was saying is September 1st would be odd considering it's a huge hp event.
But anyway I had misread it and it looks like it would be out sooner here. The book could be completed at this stage, maybe because the book couldn't be published last year J K made it her goal to complete it before the year was out lol.

And that other story you guys have heard about has actually been completed since 2016 or something, and it was a political fairytail she wrote on a dress for a fancy dress party.
I think it went to auction or is going too for lumos, or she's just keeping it, I believe she said that it wouldn't be released.
I wonder, how long do you guys reckon lethal white will be? I definitely reckon it's going to be the longest book so far.