Lethal white publication | Page 5 | Discuss Cormoran Strike! | Discuss

Lethal white publication
01/28/2018 - 10:05 am

I was just checked the upcoming 2018 Jan. - June releases of Sphare publishing and Lethal White is not on the list, so it is safe to assume that LW will not be published in the first half of the year. Find the link below if you want to check it out (pages 59 -89).

01/28/2018 - 8:32 am

Impulse said

Imagine them pulling a fast one and it just hits the shelf with no warning, I would totally go to the bookstore 😂

At this point I think I would prefer that. I would buy the audio book, so fast. I love listening to them while I work.

01/27/2018 - 8:49 pm

Leafling said

You know what I think is a shame is that we've got to speculate when it will be released based on when the publishers will make the most money.

I agree, I don't see why they can't just give us a date already, unless they planing to announce it once it in the stores.

01/27/2018 - 12:09 pm

01/27/2018 - 11:42 am

Great sleuthing, Kaqu!

Impulse said Just seen your June comment it could be but that would mean she completed it over Christmas right? And we definitely know she was still writing it before Christmas.
I feel like debby downer here lol

Seems really plausible, that she completed the project in December and never told us (do you remember her tweet at the beginning of December saying "it's coming it's coming"?).

So, she must be busy with the editor's annotations right now - which makes sense that she barely is on Twitter anymore. Also: I've been wondering for a while if her current twitter header with the stack of books alludes to the fact that she is in the finishing phase of several projects. Strike and fantast beasts we know of, and then there's the children's book she has been talking about for ages. Does anyone know when she changed the header?

EDIT: and on top of that we KNOW that June is when strike will air in the US. This coinciding with the LW publication seems like a GREAT publicity idea.

I'm sure it's going to be successful ether way, but I'd rather it would be organic and released as soon as possible. I guess this is just how it is for businesses now.

01/27/2018 - 11:37 am

Leafling said

Impulse said

Hmmm September 1st is interesting cause isn't that when harry potter goes to school, and it's a big harry potter event every year now. Idk just seems a bit odd though that she would have a strike book released on a big hp day, unless perhaps she thinks it will be good luck.

Or it could be September only because mystery and thriller/horror books sell better in general during fall season, close to Halloween and all that, and it has nothing to do with HP.

September is fine to release the book great actually as it sooner rather than later, but all I was saying is September 1st would be odd considering it's a huge hp event.
But anyway I had misread it and it looks like it would be out sooner here. The book could be completed at this stage, maybe because the book couldn't be published last year J K made it her goal to complete it before the year was out lol.

And that other story you guys have heard about has actually been completed since 2016 or something, and it was a political fairytail she wrote on a dress for a fancy dress party.
I think it went to auction or is going too for lumos, or she's just keeping it, I believe she said that it wouldn't be released.
I wonder, how long do you guys reckon lethal white will be? I definitely reckon it's going to be the longest book so far.

01/27/2018 - 8:21 am

Kaqu said
I read on Tumblr that someone read on Twitter that someone found the ISBN number of the Finnish translation of Lethal White, which according to this website will be published on September 1: http://cdon.fi/kirjat/robert-g.....e-40091273

So I've looked up how much time there was between the release of the English edition of Career of Evil and the Finnish translation. CoE was published on 20 Oct 2015, the Finnish translation on 1 Jan 2016 (see http://cdon.fi/kirjat/robert-g.....u-39077164)

So that's a little over 2 months. It may be an indication that Lethal White will indeed be published in June.

(As you see, I'm pretty desperate for the next book, but I know you'll understand ;-))

Great sleuthing, Kaqu!

I feel like debby downer here lol

01/27/2018 - 7:22 am

Impulse said

01/27/2018 - 2:30 am

Kaqu said

If so this would be on purpose, maybe it means the next book is going to be a journey.
And maybe if it's true the publishers may think they could get a lot of money, with selling these books at events from another of J.K Rowlings books.

Edit* Just seen your June comment it could be but that would mean she completed it over Christmas right? And we definitely know she was still writing it before Christmas.
I feel like debby downer here lol

01/26/2018 - 6:47 pm

Kaqu said
It's terrible, isn't it? So glad I found this support group 😉 It's been a very very long 2 years + 3 months ...

It's pure torture!!! 🙂
I'm also very happy and grateful to have found people to talk about the books, the tv-show and what will happen next!

01/26/2018 - 6:41 pm

01/26/2018 - 6:38 pm

Kaqu said

Thank you for the info! I hope you are right!

I believe at this point most of us are beyond desperate for Lethal White because we need to know what will happen! I re-read the books, found signs, things that might foreshadow what will happen after Robin's "I do" made so many scenarios of how it will play out that I felt my head would explode! 🙂

01/26/2018 - 6:33 pm

Thank you Kaqu, this sounds promising.

01/26/2018 - 6:31 pm

01/26/2018 - 1:57 pm

Impulse said
I have also decided that I don't think the ending was suppose to be a cliffhanger, I think robin marrying Mathew was ment to be the last shocking plot point. And only people who theorise on it could see the robin, cormoran stuff but it was made too obvious.

For me the shocking factor was in the chapter she accepted him back because I remember thinking "what the bloody hell, she accepted him back, fuck!" so the end of the book wasn't shocking because I knew she was gonna do it and the only thing I felt was anger that Matthew won despite all the things he had done!
When I finished CoE I didn't concidered the end as a cliffhanger but then again why start Lethal White the moment CoE ended? I don't think their next case has anything to do with Robin's wedding/wedding reception if there's gonna be one after all! I can't see Matthew letting her go working for Cormoran after he saw Robin saying "I do" to him, it's so complicated all this omg! I don't know maybe it's not a cliffhanger at all but I would really pissed that I had to wait three damned years for Robin to marry that tosser!

01/26/2018 - 9:39 am

Impulse said
It could be completed and she's just working on the 3rd fantastic beasts script, as I know that she had the second script completed before the first movie.

However I don't think so, her superstition as an author is to not say the title of the book until it's completed, I reckon when it is she will answer a Twitter question about it and type the title as a low scale (as she can get) reveal it's completed, or I could be completely wrong and she could just type completed lethal white lol.

It's hard to imagine some of you guys twiddling your thumbs since it was released, we're actually quite lucky that she's a quick writer.
I know some of you have been annoyed about her releasing hp stuff, but that was just stuff she already had in her notes and decided to let the world know so wouldn't affect this.

She likes to plan her work out to the t so maybe she's finding it difficult that there isn't an overlapping story with an ending.

Perhaps she also likes that she's not getting rushed with it too, as that's a problem she had with the hp books and she wishes she could re do them because of it (I think they're great the way they are).

Also she likes to hide stuff in plain sight so maybe instead of focusing on the actual marriage, perhaps we should be looking at what is going on around them, as I reckon someone's either going to be murdered at some point that day or the murderer to the next case is there, but we're all distracted.

This post weren't suppose to be this long idk what happened but happy waiting everyone anyway 😂.

Good point 🙂

01/26/2018 - 3:20 am

01/24/2018 - 7:58 pm

I really don't know what to say on this matter! Maybe they will announce the publication date after CoE airs in the UK and wait until it has aired in the US too! Maybe the dates for the tv-show will have nothing to do with the publication date of the fourth book!
And I'm still curious to know at which point I was right IF I was right at all!
Back in August or September2017 J.K Rowling liked a tweet I wrote "I could wait another year for the fourth book if I knew that Robin didn't marry Matthew"
Maybe I got right that we will wait another year for LW, maybe I got right that Robin isn't going to marry Matthew, maybe I got both right and maybe I got all wrong!
What I know for sure is that I'm so frustrated with all the waiting that I hope the beginning of LW will be so good (canceled wedding, Robin back to work with Cormoran) and it will be worth the waiting!

01/24/2018 - 6:58 pm

As far as i have understood, they are planning to show all 3 seasons of Strike in June. In regards to the publishing date, we can hope, of course, to read it as signes - but as we know reality never ties up as well as a book does (was that the quote? you get my drift...)

🙂

It would be a nine thing for her fans if the book cam out in March as well.

01/24/2018 - 6:53 pm

Leafling said

I would also like to know id in USA they are planing to air all 2 seasons of Strike right away or will they make the US fans wait a few mounts, just as they did in the Uk, or the fact that CoE is coming out on DVD in March is an indication that LW might get published sooner than later?