Lethal white publication | Page 5 | Discuss Cormoran Strike! | Discuss

Lethal white publication
01/31/2018 - 9:02 pm

It's really exciting to see her tweet about how long Lethal White is (she comments that her 4th book in each series has been the longest). I can't wait to just be totally immersed in it and the longer it lasts, the better!

01/31/2018 - 1:03 am

I was just trying to work out whether her tweets mean she has finished it or not, she typed out lethal white which should confirm it but she also said about progressing it in another tweet so idk.

01/30/2018 - 11:56 pm

So we have some more time to speculate! ๐Ÿ™‚
But actually: ๐Ÿ™ย ย

That sounds fun! Smile

01/30/2018 - 6:54 pm

So we have some more time to speculate! ๐Ÿ™‚

I like your attitude! Laugh

01/30/2018 - 6:46 pm

So we have some more time to speculate! ๐Ÿ™‚
But actually: ๐Ÿ™

01/30/2018 - 6:34 pm

Oh dear ... it sounds like this may still take quite a while to finish Cry

01/30/2018 - 6:25 pm

Leafling said
Lethal White update by J.K Rowling : st

ย ย

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF *crying*

01/30/2018 - 6:14 pm

Lethal White update by J.K Rowling : st

01/30/2018 - 12:24 pm

But doesn't the making of the audiobook take some time? Or do they start recording already before the publication of the book?

What about the ebook? Does anybody know? (Ebook does not need "shipment" in the original sense, so I guess it should be readily available, once paid. Provided of course that it is released at all at the time of the publication of the book...)ย ย

In my experience they resale the book in all medias at the same time.

01/30/2018 - 9:00 am

I have no idea, but the publication of CoE took six months. ๐Ÿ™ Rowling tweeted that she finished the book on 24 April 2015 and the book was published some time in October.... (Yes, I would have thought it takes less...)
http://www.huffingtonpost.comย ย

It may be the first draft she mentions here ... but if not, this could mean that Lethal White will become a nice Christmas present CryConfused

01/30/2018 - 8:55 am

Leafling said

I agree, Robert Glenister did an amazing job with the voices, and I agree with you on I don't want to speed true LW, but Amazon shipping to Budapest takes a min. 1-2 weeks, and I know that I won't be able to resist starting the books as soon as it is available.ย ย

01/30/2018 - 8:48 am

janeausten24 said
Does anyone in general know what the lag time between an author's final edits and publication usually is? On the order of many months I assume? Just because it seems that JKR is still writing, and she hasn't even gotten to the final edits yet.ย ย

01/30/2018 - 8:25 am

janeausten24 said

YES, the audiobooks are absolutely amazing. Robert Glenister has been an absolute education in the breadth of accents in the books (yup, ignorant 'Murican here). And I couldn't imagine either Strike's or Robin's voices without his inflections and tone!!

I might make an exception for Lethal White though...I'm too hungry to know what happens to be sated by the speed of audio ๐Ÿ˜›

01/30/2018 - 7:26 am

janeausten24 said

I don't know how it is in England, but here in The Netherlands production after the final edits takes approximately 3 to 4 months.

01/29/2018 - 10:59 pm

Leafling said

At this point I think I would prefer that. I would buy the audio book, so fast. I love listening to them while I work.ย ย

01/28/2018 - 12:20 pm

hope you are right guys ๐Ÿ™‚

01/28/2018 - 12:00 pm

Kaqu said

I'm not sure it would be in there โ€“ the catalogue was compiled last autumn and I can imagine they didn't want to name a date just then. Besides, JK Rowling doesn't need to be mentioned in a regular catalogue for booksellers. I think it will get its own marketing campaign anyway.

I'm still counting on a late June/early July release, to coincide with the broadcast of the series in the US. If she finishes the final manuscript in the coming few weeks, this is (from my little experience with publishing) a reasonable period for production of a book.

But I may be fooling myself, because I really don't want to wait till September ๐Ÿ˜‰

By the way, The Silkworm was published on 19 June 2014, so apparently it's not a strange time of the year for publishing a detective novel.ย ย

Exactly. If you look into the fall/winter catalogue for 2017/18 it even includes titles to be published in June. So, not all hope's lost.

01/28/2018 - 11:52 am

however, there's still time (haha! see what I did there? ๐Ÿ˜‰ย ย

Hahaha Laugh

01/28/2018 - 11:49 am

Leafling said
I was just checked the upcoming 2018 Jan. - June releases of Sphare publishing and Lethal White is not on the list, so it is safe to assume that LW will not be published in the first half of the year. Find the link below if you want to check it out (pages 59 -89).

https://www.littlebrown.co.uk/assets/LittleBrownBookGroup/files/Spring%20Catalogue%202018%20Online%20Edition%20-%2030.10.pdfย ย

I highly doubt the numbers for June already include every publication that will actually come out that month. The average amount of books published each month is around 38 (FEB: 34; MAR: 42; APR: 36; may: 38), yet, for June there are only 25 books confirmed to be released. Seems more like a few books are yet to be announced. Of course, that might not include LW, after all; however, there's still time (haha! see what I did there? ๐Ÿ˜‰

01/28/2018 - 11:42 am