Lethal white publication | Page 3 | Discuss Cormoran Strike! | Discuss

Lethal white publication
02/28/2018 - 5:03 pm

Kaqu said

Yes, I would have thought she was busy revising, but apparently she's still writing. The torture!
I guess Matthew will be around in Lethal White, at least for a little while. Even if they break up after the wedding. It will take some time for Robin to move out of the house (or for Matthew to move out), and I can imagine Matthew being a pain in the ass when it comes to deciding who's taking what with them.

I was even more optimistic than you thinking that she finished the fourth book and because of the tv-show she was waiting for the publication date until the last episode has aired and is already writing the fifth Strike novel! lol
Yeah I guess even if they break up in the first chapter we will read about him as to how Robin moved out, etc.

02/28/2018 - 4:48 pm

Dryadia4776 said
You are going mad waiting the new book? Really?. what do you think if I tell you ,that in Spain we have to wait 12-14 months more, if we want to read it in spanish?

What will you think if I tell you that you will wait the exact time as we are? If we read the book in 2015 and the fourth is published in 2018 and you read it in spanish in 2016 and the fourth is published translated in 2019 it's three years waiting for us as it's for you!

02/28/2018 - 3:37 pm

02/28/2018 - 7:10 am

She is still not finished! The woman is driving my crazy! I hoped she would announce a publication date after the last episode of CoE has aired on tv.

And by the way did Kerr Logan casually hinted that Matthew will be around and in Lethal White or it's just my idea?

02/27/2018 - 9:12 pm

02/19/2018 - 12:53 am

Well j.k put on Twitter that she's finishing the book so that's something. Do you guys remember when she said the book would be finished by last year. 😂
And thankyou for the research.

02/18/2018 - 5:20 pm

LindMea said

Apparently there's an apocryphal story about Oliver Cromwell stabling his horses there!! Also Margaret Thatcher's body was kept in it before her funeral. And children of peers can get married there. INTERESTING.

Well well well... horses, yet again. the plot thickens, as they say 😉

And of course KUDOS to LindMea for some excellent detective work!

02/16/2018 - 10:55 am

Impulse said
Interesting stuff about the church. J. K put on Twitter about editing chapters so maybe she's completed the book and just editing it now, it will still take a while though depending on how long she edits it for and how long her publisher will go through it for, so probably at least 3 months at a guess until it will be ready and then it will be printing them so end of the year maybe?

If she announces a publication date after Career of evil airs on tv in the U.K I guess it should be out until September so that would make also sense why J.K Rowling liked a tweet of mine around this time when I said I could wait another year for Lethal White if I knew that Robin isn't marrying Matthew! But maybe they will wait for Christmas since it's a period we buy presents...

02/16/2018 - 1:18 am

02/13/2018 - 10:05 pm

LindMea said

I think that if it had been Strike's baby, and Charlotte DID give birth to it (I don't personally subscribe to this theory, but it is an interesting one), the child would be a bit old now to be christened... but anything could happen I suppose!

I seem to remember that some high society magazine published an engagement photo spread about Jago Ross and Charlotte's marriage. If she was pregnant (far enough along to know it at the start, when Cormoran breaks up with her) it would be pretty difficult to conceal it for very long under that sort of public scrutiny ... although, according to the timeline, everything including Charlotte's wedding happens within the space of a couple of months.

02/13/2018 - 7:12 pm

Hmmm.... interesting! Maybe Strike’s baby? (I can’t get the idea out of my mind that that certain baby did and does exist. Do you remember that dream of him about the earie cathedral and his baby?)

Always in my personal opinion! I believe that this concept also goes in the same category: crime novels are no place for such kind of drama! It's to much drama to put in books that should be focused more in the crime and it's solving!

But I also believe that if Charlotte was still pregnant she would use it to safe herself! In The Silkworm she tried in many ways to make Cormoran go to her so instead of writing in her sms "It was yours" she would have writen "It is yours" That would make Cormoran go crazy in the thought that she might still be pregnant and he could find a way to proof it's his and he wouldn't let her marry Jago.

02/13/2018 - 5:26 pm

~~~ Follow me on Tumblr | Find my Strike Series Fanfic on A03 ~~~

02/13/2018 - 5:21 pm

LindMea said

Yes, you are probably right. I also had some vague memory about Strike thinking of Charlotte driving away from the wedding, to London, to him. Unfortunately I can’t look up the details now.

02/13/2018 - 5:11 pm

Interesting!

It probably leads to nothing, but Wikipedia says: “It is still used for worship purposes today. In particular, children of peers, who possess the title of "The Honourable", have the privilege of being able to use it as a wedding venue.” Now, Jago Ross is honourable, as far as I can remember. Could the chapel be connected somehow to Charlotte? Could it be that they had their wedding there?

I'm pretty sure they had their wedding at his castle in Scotland (what was it, Croy Castle instead of Castle of Croy because it annoys the family? Something like that, I remember from the Tatler article in Silkworm). It also says that peers can use it for christenings - maybe Charlotte will be pregnant with Jago's baby in Lethal White???

~~~ Follow me on Tumblr | Find my Strike Series Fanfic on A03 ~~~

02/13/2018 - 5:05 pm

Interesting!

02/13/2018 - 4:23 pm

LindMea said

I found it! It's the Chapel of St. Mary Undercroft, located beneath Parliament, which in 2013 at least was maybe going to be turned into a multi-faith space for the accommodation of same sex marriages: https://www.queerty.com/new-chapel-opening-underneath-parliament-for-same-sex-weddings-20130319

Not sure what that has to do with Lethal White but I am going to keep looking!

Edit: Here's the wiki link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Mary_Undercroft

Brilliant! You should be a private detective 😉
Don't be angry at me for saying this, but might it be possible they're filming some Fantastic Beasts there? Looks like a great filming location.
But of course it would also be a good location to commit a murder ...

02/13/2018 - 4:17 pm

Kaqu said

Yes, hoping that as well, but I can hardly believe it could be so, because she mentioned last week that it was progressing.

Well "progressing" can mean a lot of things.

progressing - as in I'm still writing it ?
progressing - as in currently being edited by the editor?
progressing - as in it's currently under printing /publishing ?
progressing - as in currently being delivered to the stores ?

How far in advance wear the HP books publication info released? I mean there was a aprox 3 year waiting period from the publication of the Prisoner of Askaban 'till the Goblet of fire. Douse anyone know how soon in advance the release the publication date for Goblet before it hit the stores?

02/13/2018 - 4:12 pm

Kaqu said

Anyone any good here in recognising ornate ceilings? The picture reminded me of the work William Burges did for the Butes in Wales (Castle Coch and Cardiff Castle), but it could be a lot older than that. I'm no art-historian 😉

Not sure what that has to do with Lethal White but I am going to keep looking!

Edit: Here's the wiki link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Mary_Undercroft

~~~ Follow me on Tumblr | Find my Strike Series Fanfic on A03 ~~~

02/13/2018 - 3:59 pm

Impulse said
I just saw that J.K Twitter header looks like the top of a church, i dont know why it just excited me, perhaps theirs stuff to gleam for in it, I hope it means the fourth books finished lol.

02/13/2018 - 3:00 pm