Lethal white publication | Page 3 | Discuss Cormoran Strike! | Discuss

Lethal white publication
04/08/2018 - 10:03 am

Rutland Belle said
I was just re-reading Career of Evil (lost count of how many times I’m up to) and wondered if the organisation chart on the RG website is backstory to the Radford case.

In Ch 4 Robin was supposed to be starting undercover work for ‘wealthy entrepreneur’ Radford. They lost the case due to the publicity from the leg incident. It would be like JKR to have a full backstory even though the case was barely mentioned.

Just a thought. Hopefully the publishers will be rushing Lethal White through as we have all now been waiting so long!

Interesting!

Rutland Belle
04/05/2018 - 7:52 pm

Joanne
04/04/2018 - 5:05 am

That's exactly what I think, Kaqu! So much is still riding on how it plays out in the beginning of the book of how fast Robin goes back to work with Strike. He absolutely needs someone if he wants to keep his business going. He would have to hire someone if Robin doesn't come back right away--can't wait to see how it goes.

Since they release an official synopsis before the book's publication--I told my sister I wish I could make myself not read it when it comes out, but I know I don't so I possess that type of will-power. I need and love to speculate too much to not read it when it's released. The more pieces of the puzzle I can find--no matter how small--the more I can play with how they may fit together and give some idea of what the Lethal White's main story will entail.

I very hopeful that May will be the month we get the book cover, synopsis and publication date. I'm really hoping we hear next month. Smile

04/03/2018 - 12:58 pm

Joanne said
I'm really looking forward to the official synopsis the most. I want to see if the organizational chart on Robert Galbraith's web site is indeed a huge clue for the crime at the center of Lethal White. It could have been sitting right in front of us all along. Or not. But I did notice a couple of personnel mentioned who were ex-military (that immediately made me think of Cormoran's own background and then there's the fact that Robin is listed as a Personal Assistant to the CEO of the company. Is she working undercover? Can't wait to find out!!

Yes, it will be very interesting to see how much of the chart on Galbraith's page is in Lethal White. When I saw it, I was wondering if Robin is going undercover as PA, of whether she in fact doesn't go back to work for Strike, finds a new job (as the PA of a CEO) and discovers something criminal and needs Strike for solving the crime. But I'm really just hoping she's going back to Denmark Street right after the honeymoon. I mean, what would Strike do without her? 😉

And September would be perfect for publication. Definitely better than October Kiss

Joanne
03/31/2018 - 2:42 pm

I double checked with the time table from finish to publication on "Career of Evil":

Finished on April 24, 2015--Title revealed, also revealed that it would be published in Fall 2015.
June 11, 2015-- The Cover Art, official synopsis and publication date of October 22, 2015

Hopefully that means that approximately 2 months after Lethal White being finished on March 23, 2018---that we may see and hear either in the 3rd or the 4th week of May 2018: The Lethal White Cover Art, the official book's synopsis and last, but not least, receive the publication date. Can't wait!!

I don't expect the cover art to deviate too much from the other three (unless the fan art inspires a change?)

And who doesn't want that publication date? I have my fingers crossed for September--I know that would be very optimistic but fingers crossed anyway. More realistically is October--but I choose to be optimistic today and putting my bet on September.

03/25/2018 - 3:30 pm
03/24/2018 - 7:33 am

Impulse said
Just seen lethal white is finished!!!! How long does editing usually take then printing and stuff? We should be getting it before Christmas I reckon!!!?

Yeeeeeeessssssss!!!!!!!!!! That's great news to start the weekend with.
I'm guessing it'll take about 5 to 6 months, I believe that's how long it took for Career of Evil. It seems like a very long time to wait, but I'm sure we can manage 😉

03/24/2018 - 2:19 am

03/22/2018 - 5:27 pm

Kaqu said

And how wonderful is it to be able to share all this with each other on this forum. It adds even more to my enjoyment of the books and series.

Yessss! And it will be so fun to see what theories bounced around here possibly make it into future books.

03/21/2018 - 6:22 pm

I agree! I have absolute faith in JK Rowling for writing the story the characters and we as readers deserve. What that will be, we don't know of course, but I think that's the biggest fun of it all. And all the while thinking about all the 'what ifs' and finally seeing if we got it right or if she completely surprises us. I can't wait to read book 10 to see how it all ends 😉

03/21/2018 - 4:18 pm

Kaqu said

Thanks for the update -- I don't always remember to look at Twitter. I'm optimistic also!

I greatly enjoy all the back and forth on this site as we discuss fine points of the series and speculate on the futures of Cormoran and Robin. But lately I realized that some of this scrutiny and speculation seems to just be misery-inducing. These strong feelings only come about because JKR has created characters that we all care so, so deeply about! What a fantastic achievement that is for an author. And that being said, I am putting my trust in her that she will steer them properly and ultimately we will have resolutions that satisfy us as readers. It may not happen in Lethal White, or even in the very next book. But it will happen. (Look at how long it took to reveal and resolve all the many intricate and heartwrenching storylines in the HP series!)

Cheers all, it's been very quiet on here the last week...

03/20/2018 - 2:39 pm

Yesterday JK Rowling mentioned on Twitter that she is very close to finishing Lethal White. That gives me hope that we might have the book before the year is out. But I may be too optimistic 😉

03/01/2018 - 6:19 am

Dryadia4776 said

I only said that we have to wait more time than you and there is more stressful.

Yes but you seem to forget that you read it a year later then those who read it in english! You read every book of the series on year later so the waiting is the same!

02/28/2018 - 7:17 pm

What will you think if I tell you that you will wait the exact time as we are? If we read the book in 2015 and the fourth is published in 2018 and you read it in spanish in 2016 and the fourth is published translated in 2019 it's three years waiting for us as it's for you!

02/28/2018 - 5:03 pm

Kaqu said

Yes, I would have thought she was busy revising, but apparently she's still writing. The torture!
I guess Matthew will be around in Lethal White, at least for a little while. Even if they break up after the wedding. It will take some time for Robin to move out of the house (or for Matthew to move out), and I can imagine Matthew being a pain in the ass when it comes to deciding who's taking what with them.

I was even more optimistic than you thinking that she finished the fourth book and because of the tv-show she was waiting for the publication date until the last episode has aired and is already writing the fifth Strike novel! lol
Yeah I guess even if they break up in the first chapter we will read about him as to how Robin moved out, etc.

02/28/2018 - 4:48 pm

Dryadia4776 said
You are going mad waiting the new book? Really?. what do you think if I tell you ,that in Spain we have to wait 12-14 months more, if we want to read it in spanish?

02/28/2018 - 3:37 pm

02/28/2018 - 7:10 am

She is still not finished! The woman is driving my crazy! I hoped she would announce a publication date after the last episode of CoE has aired on tv.

And by the way did Kerr Logan casually hinted that Matthew will be around and in Lethal White or it's just my idea?

02/27/2018 - 9:12 pm

02/19/2018 - 12:53 am

Well j.k put on Twitter that she's finishing the book so that's something. Do you guys remember when she said the book would be finished by last year. 😂
And thankyou for the research.