Lethal white publication | Page 2 | Discuss Cormoran Strike! | Discuss

Lethal white publication
07/10/2018 - 8:02 pm

Hmm... What could that mean?
tricky personal relationship....
much, much trickier personal relationship....

If she's married to Matthew, it can hardly be trickier than it was before. But she did marry him. Or did she? The book is already driving me crazy, and it isn't even published yet Wink

07/10/2018 - 7:18 pm

Hmm... What could that mean?
tricky personal relationship....
much, much trickier personal relationship....

07/10/2018 - 7:10 pm

Strike and Robin Ellacott

So she is not married, is she? What do you all think?
(I think the deal was that she’ll wear Matthew’s name...)

07/10/2018 - 1:58 pm

According to Twitter, Waterstones in the UK has a half price off preorder and a contest to win a signed copy. The Amazon USA site has a brief blurb. For those who can't see that from outside the USA it reads, "'I seen a kid killed…He strangled it, up by the horse.' When Bily, a troubled young man, comes to private eye Cormoran Strike's office to ask for his help investigating a crime he thinks he witnessed as a child, Strike is left deeply unsettled. While Billy is obviously mentally distressed, and cannot remember many concrete details, there is something sincere about him and his story. But before Strike can question him further, Billy bolts from his office in a panic. Trying to get to the bottom of Billy's story, Strike and Robin Ellacott—once his assistant, now a partner in the agency—set off on a twisting rail that leads them through the backstreets of London, into a secretive inner sanctum within Parliament, and to a beautiful but sinister manor house deep in the countryside. And during this labyrinthine investigation, Strike's own life is far from straightforward: his newfound fame as a private eye means he can no longer operate behind the scenes as he once did. Plus, his relationship with his former assistant is more fraught than it ever has been—Robin is now invaluable to Strike in the business, but their personal relationship is much, much trickier than that. The most epic Robert Galbraith novel yet, Lethal White is both a gripping mystery and a page-turning next installment in the ongoing story of Cormoran Strike and Robin Ellacott." Typos mine. Amazon USA prices: Kindle version $14.99, Harcover $29.00, Audiobook Unabridged $40

07/10/2018 - 1:44 pm

bookworm said

According to Twitter, Waterstones in the UK has a half price off preorder and a contest to win a signed copy. The Amazon USA site has a brief blurb--qid=1531229761&sr=8-1&keywords=lethal+white+robert+galbraith

07/10/2018 - 1:22 pm

The waiting is over! It's official: Lethal White will be published 0n 18 September (at least in the UK). Here is the information from the Robert Galbraith Facebook page (with photo of cover): https://www.facebook.com/CormoranStrikeNovelsOfficial/?hc_ref=ARQgmC-gW6H7OYPt_M3vhwEgEh5hG6NAthFmDWQjz9Vjc8m_p9WgL5DYtHvaCXQb460&fref=nf

I'm now off to pre-order my copy!

07/02/2018 - 8:20 am

I just cannot think of anybody else to whom this Catullus quotation could relate to... other than Charlotte. She once called herself Clodia, remember? So she also knows quite a lot about Catullus.

Unless of course there is a new character in book four (the killer or one of the suspects - or the victim) who is similar in temper to Charlotte. 🙂

07/02/2018 - 5:40 am

As long as we don't know what's the book about it can mean anything 😉 But I (and you probably as well) feel this may have something to do with the toxic relationship of Charlotte and Strike.

Did you also see JKR's tweet about the announcement for Lethal White, that it will come very soon? So excited!

07/01/2018 - 7:32 pm

Okay, still not a publication date. But the latest tweet from JKR (in response to someone asking her for a tease) is terribly interesting:

Odi et amo. quare id faciam fortasse requiris./ Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

This has been translated as “I hate and love. Why I do so, perhaps you ask./ I know not, but I feel it, and I am in torment (crucified)."

Agghhh! I can't wait to see what happens next! And who does this quotation (from Cattallus) belong to, in the world of Strike?

06/21/2018 - 1:47 am

It was good to see her state on Twitter that the book will be out later this year...because at least that means we won't be waiting until 2019!!!

06/06/2018 - 6:22 am

I keep checking JK Rowling's Twitter every few hours every day, hoping to see an announcement about the publication date. You may be right, Impulse, about them waiting for the day the last episode is being broadcast in the US. But I hope not. I keep hoping it will be today 😉

06/06/2018 - 1:03 am

At least it's not just me i havn' t been able to go onto the site because of it, although it was alright today for some reason.

And I would of thought seeing as it's been so long since it was finished (or atleast it feels to me) that we would have something by now.
Apparently it will be out this year though, maybe we will get an announcement after all the episodes have aired in the US.

I reckon this book is going to be so good, and it's confirmed to be bigger than the last right? I keep on expecting to see a poster in bookshops with it's release date but it's more likely we will probably just get it on Twitter then promoted a lot later.

Joanne
06/05/2018 - 9:33 pm

Impulse--I think you're right about the pop-ups (bug?) because that happens to me sometimes on this site too. I'm so surprised that we still haven't heard a publication date yet since in just 6 days (June 11th) it will be exactly 3 years since the publication date was announced for book3-Career of Evil. "Lethal White" was actually finished a month earlier (March 23 2018) than Career of Evil (April 2015) so I thought we'd hear by now--especially since I think JKR has finished editing.

It was 4 months after that announcement that Book 3 was published and in book stores: October 20/22 2015Smile

Hopefully it will only be a 4 month wait (or less) after we do get a publication date.

06/04/2018 - 4:01 pm

Hoping we get a date soon!!!! I remember fine combing that notebook thing before but can't remember if I found anything. And anyone else have a problem with pop up ads/questionnaires maybe a bug? Every time I try to go on this site on my mobile it happens, but if I go on it then close the page then go back on I can go on here. I've only really had it with this site and it's every time oh well.
Will we get the blurb or the date first? Or will they come close together? Anyone know.

05/09/2018 - 6:09 pm

I'm hanging on the phrase "out later this year." Agghhh! Can't wait.

I frequent a lot of book stores and find myself wanting to buy every new and/or used copy of any of the Strike series that I come across...even though I already own them all...just because. How weird is that?!?

05/09/2018 - 6:07 pm

Kaqu said

It's on the Robert Galbraith website, see the open notebook: http://robert-galbraith.com/

Ahh! Now I get it. Thanks, I was looking for a link.

05/05/2018 - 4:43 pm

Have just been catching up on JKR's tweets and discovered this:

Apr 26
Thank you! I'm editing #LethalWhite (Strike no. 4) right now and it'll be out later in the year.

Rutland Belle
04/09/2018 - 6:19 pm

I don’t think you can see it from a mobile device. I could only see it on my laptop.

04/09/2018 - 4:57 pm

I can't find the org chart you refer to?

04/09/2018 - 4:34 pm

Rutland Belle said
I was just re-reading Career of Evil (lost count of how many times I’m up to) and wondered if the organisation chart on the RG website is backstory to the Radford case.

I can't find the org chart you refer to?