Lethal white publication | Discuss Cormoran Strike! | Discuss

Lethal white publication
06/06/2018 - 6:22 am

I keep checking JK Rowling's Twitter every few hours every day, hoping to see an announcement about the publication date. You may be right, Impulse, about them waiting for the day the last episode is being broadcast in the US. But I hope not. I keep hoping it will be today 😉

06/06/2018 - 1:03 am

At least it's not just me i havn' t been able to go onto the site because of it, although it was alright today for some reason.

And I would of thought seeing as it's been so long since it was finished (or atleast it feels to me) that we would have something by now.
Apparently it will be out this year though, maybe we will get an announcement after all the episodes have aired in the US.

I reckon this book is going to be so good, and it's confirmed to be bigger than the last right? I keep on expecting to see a poster in bookshops with it's release date but it's more likely we will probably just get it on Twitter then promoted a lot later.

Joanne
06/05/2018 - 9:33 pm

Impulse--I think you're right about the pop-ups (bug?) because that happens to me sometimes on this site too. I'm so surprised that we still haven't heard a publication date yet since in just 6 days (June 11th) it will be exactly 3 years since the publication date was announced for book3-Career of Evil. "Lethal White" was actually finished a month earlier (March 23 2018) than Career of Evil (April 2015) so I thought we'd hear by now--especially since I think JKR has finished editing.

It was 4 months after that announcement that Book 3 was published and in book stores: October 20/22 2015Smile

Hopefully it will only be a 4 month wait (or less) after we do get a publication date.

06/04/2018 - 4:01 pm

Hoping we get a date soon!!!! I remember fine combing that notebook thing before but can't remember if I found anything. And anyone else have a problem with pop up ads/questionnaires maybe a bug? Every time I try to go on this site on my mobile it happens, but if I go on it then close the page then go back on I can go on here. I've only really had it with this site and it's every time oh well.
Will we get the blurb or the date first? Or will they come close together? Anyone know.

05/09/2018 - 6:09 pm

I'm hanging on the phrase "out later this year." Agghhh! Can't wait.

I frequent a lot of book stores and find myself wanting to buy every new and/or used copy of any of the Strike series that I come across...even though I already own them all...just because. How weird is that?!?

05/09/2018 - 6:07 pm

Kaqu said

It's on the Robert Galbraith website, see the open notebook: http://robert-galbraith.com/

Ahh! Now I get it. Thanks, I was looking for a link.

05/05/2018 - 4:43 pm

Have just been catching up on JKR's tweets and discovered this:

Apr 26
Thank you! I'm editing #LethalWhite (Strike no. 4) right now and it'll be out later in the year.

Rutland Belle
04/09/2018 - 6:19 pm

I don’t think you can see it from a mobile device. I could only see it on my laptop.

04/09/2018 - 4:57 pm

I can't find the org chart you refer to?

04/09/2018 - 4:34 pm

Rutland Belle said
I was just re-reading Career of Evil (lost count of how many times I’m up to) and wondered if the organisation chart on the RG website is backstory to the Radford case.

I can't find the org chart you refer to?

04/08/2018 - 10:03 am

Rutland Belle said

In Ch 4 Robin was supposed to be starting undercover work for ‘wealthy entrepreneur’ Radford. They lost the case due to the publicity from the leg incident. It would be like JKR to have a full backstory even though the case was barely mentioned.

Just a thought. Hopefully the publishers will be rushing Lethal White through as we have all now been waiting so long!

Interesting!

Rutland Belle
04/05/2018 - 7:52 pm

Joanne
04/04/2018 - 5:05 am

That's exactly what I think, Kaqu! So much is still riding on how it plays out in the beginning of the book of how fast Robin goes back to work with Strike. He absolutely needs someone if he wants to keep his business going. He would have to hire someone if Robin doesn't come back right away--can't wait to see how it goes.

Since they release an official synopsis before the book's publication--I told my sister I wish I could make myself not read it when it comes out, but I know I don't so I possess that type of will-power. I need and love to speculate too much to not read it when it's released. The more pieces of the puzzle I can find--no matter how small--the more I can play with how they may fit together and give some idea of what the Lethal White's main story will entail.

I very hopeful that May will be the month we get the book cover, synopsis and publication date. I'm really hoping we hear next month. Smile

04/03/2018 - 12:58 pm

Joanne said
I'm really looking forward to the official synopsis the most. I want to see if the organizational chart on Robert Galbraith's web site is indeed a huge clue for the crime at the center of Lethal White. It could have been sitting right in front of us all along. Or not. But I did notice a couple of personnel mentioned who were ex-military (that immediately made me think of Cormoran's own background and then there's the fact that Robin is listed as a Personal Assistant to the CEO of the company. Is she working undercover? Can't wait to find out!!

Yes, it will be very interesting to see how much of the chart on Galbraith's page is in Lethal White. When I saw it, I was wondering if Robin is going undercover as PA, of whether she in fact doesn't go back to work for Strike, finds a new job (as the PA of a CEO) and discovers something criminal and needs Strike for solving the crime. But I'm really just hoping she's going back to Denmark Street right after the honeymoon. I mean, what would Strike do without her? 😉

And September would be perfect for publication. Definitely better than October Kiss

Joanne
03/31/2018 - 2:42 pm

I double checked with the time table from finish to publication on "Career of Evil":

Finished on April 24, 2015--Title revealed, also revealed that it would be published in Fall 2015.
June 11, 2015-- The Cover Art, official synopsis and publication date of October 22, 2015

Hopefully that means that approximately 2 months after Lethal White being finished on March 23, 2018---that we may see and hear either in the 3rd or the 4th week of May 2018: The Lethal White Cover Art, the official book's synopsis and last, but not least, receive the publication date. Can't wait!!

I don't expect the cover art to deviate too much from the other three (unless the fan art inspires a change?)

And who doesn't want that publication date? I have my fingers crossed for September--I know that would be very optimistic but fingers crossed anyway. More realistically is October--but I choose to be optimistic today and putting my bet on September.

03/25/2018 - 3:30 pm
03/24/2018 - 7:33 am

Impulse said
Just seen lethal white is finished!!!! How long does editing usually take then printing and stuff? We should be getting it before Christmas I reckon!!!?

Yeeeeeeessssssss!!!!!!!!!! That's great news to start the weekend with.
I'm guessing it'll take about 5 to 6 months, I believe that's how long it took for Career of Evil. It seems like a very long time to wait, but I'm sure we can manage 😉

03/24/2018 - 2:19 am

03/22/2018 - 5:27 pm

Kaqu said

And how wonderful is it to be able to share all this with each other on this forum. It adds even more to my enjoyment of the books and series.

Yessss! And it will be so fun to see what theories bounced around here possibly make it into future books.

03/21/2018 - 6:22 pm

And that being said, I am putting my trust in her that she will steer them properly and ultimately we will have resolutions that satisfy us as readers.

I agree! I have absolute faith in JK Rowling for writing the story the characters and we as readers deserve. What that will be, we don't know of course, but I think that's the biggest fun of it all. And all the while thinking about all the 'what ifs' and finally seeing if we got it right or if she completely surprises us. I can't wait to read book 10 to see how it all ends 😉