Lethal white publication | Discuss Cormoran Strike! | Discuss

Lethal white publication
09/18/2018 - 8:00 am

Okay, update: I just googled "lethal white robert galbraith audiobook download" and on the third page there was a link to audiobookstore.com. They're similar to Audible, with a membership and a $ 5,95 trial. I was able to register with my German credit card, they never asked for my address, just for my country, and I fibbed a little and just gave the US. And it worked. They have an app and it's currently downloading.

Woohoo! My apartment is gonna sparkle tonight! (I always do chores while I listen.)

Have fun, everybody! 🙂

09/18/2018 - 7:41 am

shj said
Audible just sent me the download link! (USA account, living in Asia)

How did you manage to make an account with Audible US? I just tried to make one with Audible UK but I only have a German credit card and the website stated that the title is not available in my country. 🙁

I can buy the ebook in iBooks just fine, guess I'll have to "resort" to that. 😀

shj
09/18/2018 - 7:07 am

Audible just sent me the download link! (USA account, living in Asia)

Nelli
09/18/2018 - 12:18 am

Hah lovely to see other people are as excited!

I bought mine on amazon kindle us since that's what availeble here in finland. Well should have realised this error before waking up super early (i was going to sleep until 4am but woke up before 3am and now I cant sleep) since the book is not on my kindle yet. If it arrives at midnight in new york, it's 7am in finöand and i have to go to work and this is bullshit!!

Oh well. Trying to sleep now. Nothing else to it. You live and learn.

Also might have send feedback to amazon already. I was very mild.

Jen
09/17/2018 - 8:36 pm

Anyone know what time amazon will release it in the UK? I'm literally happy to pull an all nighter like I was back at uni 😂 anything to get my hands on it!

09/17/2018 - 8:04 pm

Oh sorry, I didn’t read well, you want the audiobook. I don’t think it will be available anywhere tomorrow, not even in the UK. I think the release date for the audiobook is later than the book. But I may be wrong.
Anyway, for all of you: see you on the other side 😉

09/17/2018 - 8:01 pm

It should be available on Amazon.de as Kindle ebook. You can download a Kindle app on any device you want and read it in the app. That’s how I’m doing it (in The Netherlands).

09/17/2018 - 7:56 pm

I have spent a lot of time googling the release date for the audiobook in Germany. Neither Audible nor iTunes have listed the book yet, not even for pre-order, which is making me afraid the audiobook won't be out here tomorrow. Aaaargh! But I want to listen to it since that's how I read the other ones (even though I also have the paperbacks to look pretty on my shelf).

I might just have to take a leaf out of your book, Nelli, and create an address and account for Audible UK, so I can get it. Luckily, I have taken two sick days for today and tomorrow, so in the event that I can download the audiobook tomorrow, at least I'll have time to enjoy it.

Also, this reminds me of the time the last couple of HP books came out. I even remember taking Deathly Hallows to work and reading it in my office. Granted we were hardly supervized and had very little actual work to do. Good luck tomorrow!

09/17/2018 - 6:33 pm

Thank you for sharing, Nelli, I'm feeling a little bit less crazy now 😉 Glad to know there are more people like me.
I've been in touch with the online retailer who was supposed to deliver the book to me tomorrow. It turns out they haven't received it yet (nooooooooo!), so I won't get it before the day after tomorrow. Guess I'm going to buy an ebook for the first time in my life ...

Nelli
09/17/2018 - 4:50 pm

Kaqu said
How is everyone doing? I have trouble concentrating on my work while waiting for a shipping confirmation from the online shop where I ordered Lethal White. Haven't felt like this since the last Harry Potter novel came out ...

I'm going cray cray. I googled all the songs from the nyt Q&A all day (the story behind "So long Marianne" is siriusly freaking me out), did hardly any work, tried changing all my settings to fool Kindle to think my phone is in Australia, then invented address in Australia to fool Amazon I've moved (neither worked, don't bother) and now I should go to sleep since I'm planning on getting up at 4am. That way I'll have little over three hours of reading time before I'll have to pretend to work.

For work I have planned: drinking lot of water means many toilet breaks means reading on toilet with my kindle app on my phoned.

I think tommorow will be fine but how about wednesday when I've not slept much and the book is nearing the end and ... I just hope I won't get fired over this.

In other words I'm loving it!! It's like being a child and waiting for Christmas. I didn't know I still had it in me to get this crazy excited and I'm loving every moment of it!

09/17/2018 - 7:53 am

09/16/2018 - 12:27 am

Impulse said
So just over a week until it's published, that's gone quick since the announcement. We will be reading it in no time.
For some reason I thought we still had another month or so, I have not even seen it advertised though hmmmm. It's a nice surprise to see how close we are now though lol.
Only thing is that I haven't re read the books oh well it should be alright.

Hooray!!! Can’t wait.

09/09/2018 - 11:23 pm

Only thing is that I haven't re read the books oh well it should be alright.

07/12/2018 - 6:16 pm

Impulse said
I think it's time for a proper re read now!!

I'm doing the same. It will be great to have everything fresh in our minds about the last case before getting immersed in the new.

07/11/2018 - 6:51 am

I think it's time for a proper re read now!!

07/11/2018 - 6:45 am

Just seen the news!!!! Just over two months then. The blurb sounds good, especially the stuff about parliament and their relationship!!!! I reckon it should go quickly now.

07/11/2018 - 4:55 am

Aggh! What a day! I just received my DVD of the series and was FINALLY able to watch the Career of Evil series...finished it last night. Then today I find that a publication date has finally been announced, and it's happy birthday to me.

The book blurb is fascinatingly intriguing. So much to digest.

FINALLY! And agreed, that blurb is very fascinating. Especially the bit about Robin and Cormoran’s relationship being “fraught” and “tricky.” I love it! I also like that JKR will be exploring how Strike’s fame will hinder his detective work. I had been wondering how his escalating fame and notoriety would effect his ability to track people unrecognized and interview suspects without arousing suspicion. Even Robin has become “known”since she was out on the cover of a news publication when she and Strike parted ways momentarily in Career of Evil. Will they hire more support staff that can go incognito? Do they have enough money to do so?

Can’t wait to find out! 2+ months to go.

07/11/2018 - 12:36 am

The book blurb is fascinatingly intriguing. So much to digest.

07/10/2018 - 9:59 pm

It might still be tricky if she married Matthew as Strike realised he had feelings for her but there wasn't still time.