First kiss...! | Discuss Cormoran Strike! | Discuss

First kiss...!
07/27/2018 - 9:00 am

I HONESTLY DON'T CARE HOW IT HAPPENS. OR WHEN. JUST LET IT HAPPEN. JRK!!!

Joanne
04/09/2018 - 8:34 pm

Thank you, KaquKiss Now that I think about it--I think my subconscious was more aware than my conscious mind about what JKR might do to stretch out any resolution to the "will they or won't they" question till book 7 or 8 Cry. (I confess I really would cry if it takes until book 8--Or to be totally honest, I would cry if it takes until book 7.)

Considering its taken 3 years to get from the book where Robin said "I do" to the book that picks up just a moment after that--I think JKR could very well have an event happen--in a book (5) or two (6)--where one of them does something that may tip what they were really thinking (romantically about the other) but had no intention of revealing at that moment.

The following is just me playing with the idea of stretching out the "will they/won't they":

In order to leave a hint hanging/unresolved (which sounds very much like what JKR would do) it becomes a matter of how to believably stretch that out if there is no real physical reason for them not to communicate to the other about the words or actions that they had just inadvertently revealed their true feelings?

Ideally, in order to have a believable reason for not sorting things out and leaving a gap of the unresolved feelings between them, there would need to be a real physical barrier as well as a communication barrier between them. But in the 21st century with everyone plugged in electronically and especially with Cormoran and Robin's current location in 24/7 London--what barrier besides those interior walls thrown up by the characters, could there possibly be?

Maybe a long distance case between the two? They would still have to have communication--but with non-face to face communication, which is less than optimal for the real human connection level that is needed to sort out something of such a life changing nature.

Although, I confess I really love the kind of life on the edge man/woman Raiders of the Lost Ark variety adventures--that tend to eventually bring things out in the open--I just can't see that happening either. JKR did, however, mention a very tense, macabre scene somewhere in Lethal White. She didn't say who it involves--but maybe it could open up a whole new area of possibilities of how to become unplugged and lost in the 24/7 plugged in London and therefore eventually finding the means of sorting things out romantically.Laugh

04/08/2018 - 10:01 am

I love your idea about the first kiss, Joanne! Personally, I hope JK Rowling keep the tension of will they won't they as long as possible. I don't mind waiting another 3 or 4 books for a kiss.

Joanne
04/05/2018 - 1:43 pm

Thank you, LindMeaKiss There are so many ways it could happen and I can't wait to finally read what JKR comes up with--but I'm enjoying the many ways that the fans are coming up with in the meantime.

The good thing is that Lethal White will be longer than the other 3 books, so that means it will cover even more personal territory. Although, I doubt it will stretch far enough to get Cormoran and Robin to a "more-than-work-partners"place in their relationship. At the very least, I hope that LW gives us a good idea of when we might finally see the change that leads to a kiss; maybe in book 5 or 6?

I sure hope it doesn't take longer than that to arrive at that point.Wink

04/04/2018 - 8:25 pm

Joanne said

He was at the office door about to leave, when Robin handed him the information she had gathered for him. In the same movement of taking the paper, he leaned in and planted a kiss on her cheek telling her he'd see her tomorrow, pulling the door shut.

Two steps and he froze on the first step on the stairs. Paralyzed now with realization of what had happened--aware that his subconscious had betrayed him. Robin is also frozen on the other side of the office door, listening for footsteps, but not hearing him go down the stairs.

I guess my subconscious disagrees with my conscious side and thinks Cormoran should be the instigator and initiate the kiss.

Who knew. Unless my subconscious betrayed me too Laugh

um I LOVE THIS. Absolutely adorable <3

~~~ Follow me on Tumblr | Find my Strike Series Fanfic on A03 ~~~

Joanne
04/04/2018 - 8:22 pm

With Robin now married (unfortunately), I don't see any kiss for at least another book. I can say that because even though I know this wedding is as doomed as the Titanic--I just don't know how long it will be before it sinks.

I do know that Strike and Robin will be back together in Lethal White (hopefully sooner, rather than later).

I think Robin will be the one who needs to initiate a kiss between the two.

Having said all that--I still wanted to see where some free writing (disengaging the conscious side of my mind and letting the subconscious play a bit) would lead me on the question of the first kiss...here's what I came up with:

After throwing out all the ways I thought less likely because they were more expected, i.e., a blissful coming together after overcoming a life and death situation, or while undercover, etc., I finally got to the point that the subconscious could take over--not genius but I was a bit surprised at the result.

The scene I found myself writing had Cormoran doing a favor for Wardle and the Met (pretty unexpected) and though my free writing didn't give me the particulars on the case it vaguely hinted that it was something too risky politically for them to be the face engaging with the people involved--since it would take something like that for them to take Strike's help figured if they were willing to take Strike's help-though I didn't dwell on the particulars, only that Cormoran was completely distracted making plans to meet these politically questionable marks.

Who knew. Unless my subconscious betrayed me too Laugh

01/26/2018 - 9:48 am

He won't do it whiteout a catalyst, what it could be, I have no idea, but I' sure looking forward to finding it out.

As for the hug, that could happen on the wedding, and I really hope it will. I want Shanker to get a part n the wedding seen as well, the whole Alyssa episode was a real bonding moment for them, I can't see Shanker walking out of Masham whiteout making hip appearance known. He doesn't have a reason to be that stubble.

01/26/2018 - 8:34 am

LindMea said
Haha, I remember we had a huge discussion about this on Tumblr! I think my answer was that I want their first kiss to be in the middle of an argument, where Robin just gets so annoyed and frustrated that she kisses Strike. I love that trope :3

Such a great idea haha! I, too, would think that Robin will the one initiating the kiss, since Cormoran is so afraid of "screwing up evering royally"; probably in a situation where she's afraid losing him (in a hospital maybe? as a mirror of his first Kairos-moment, that is in consequence rendered insincere and cunning in comparison chchch). I'm still wondering though how he will get over his fear of being in a relationship with Robin - what do you guys think? Maybe Charlotte might function as a catalyst, seing that it is not the inherent incompatibility of work and relationship that led him to develop such reservations but Charlotte's tendency to sabotage everything? I'd love to know what you guys think!

And finally: What about the first hug?? JKR has been teasing us - and them! - with "the idea of a hug hanging in the air" for three effing books! So hopefully they will hug - tellingly - at Robin's wedding; either because he "congratulates" her, or because she is overwhelmingly happy that he wants her back as a real partner. I'm so curious how that plays out - especially in regards to their thoughts about this first real physical interaction.

01/26/2018 - 12:27 am

My idea is that their first kiss will take place on the day of the wedding, and this is because of the Blue Öster Cult line of “A redhead, a redhead before the kiss” at the beginning of the last chapter of CoE. Now people here have warned me that this kiss may just refer to the wedding kiss of Matthew and Robin, and I see that too. But I still think that it rather refers to a kiss between Cormoran and Robin. 🙂

Well if that what you say is going to happen then certainly it will be something I don't expect at all but it will be a pleasantly surprise! I'm gonna love it! 🙂

01/25/2018 - 8:28 pm

01/25/2018 - 3:16 pm

I haven't given it much thought before, I imagine it happening in some life saving situation, or a tender moment in the office,but I just want it to happen any way it can.

08/03/2017 - 11:03 am

LindMea said

It was such a nice discussion that I decided to open a topic here as well to see if there are other ideas about this subject!
You remember correctly and I still have in mind the gif that gave me a pretty good idea of how you imagine their first kiss!

08/03/2017 - 12:28 am

~~~ Follow me on Tumblr | Find my Strike Series Fanfic on A03 ~~~

08/01/2017 - 7:03 pm

Hi you all! Did you imagine how you would like for Robin and Cormoran to kiss for the first time?

I would love a kinda drunk Robin after they go to celebrate a case and she admits to herself that she is attracted to him and kisses him to find out how she is going to feel by doing so and leave a surprised Cormoran wondering if it's because of the extra drinks they had or if indeed a woman like Robin just wanted to kiss him and what he should do next!