Cormoran Strike's love life | Discuss Cormoran Strike! | Discuss

Cormoran Strike's love life
01/30/2018 - 12:32 pm

Good question. I mean, it's worth pointing out that he has yet to break up with elin! That's still a lose end to tie up for JKR. (I almost died when cormoran said "I forgot to ditch someone" ๐Ÿ˜‚)

But aside from that, i, too, wonder if cormoran will find another woman. On the one hand, he is not someone that avoids the truth, he knows he loves robin and everyoneelse has to suffer in comparison (not even the fantastic sex was enough to hold him); on the other hand, he is not the type of guy to wait around, seeing as this - as of now - is a lost case.
So, if robin doesn't leave Matt at the beginning of LW, my guess would be that Cormoran would be single for a time. That would create and interesting tension between the two because robin will surely wonder why the hell he broke up with Elin if there's no other woman.ย ย

I think it is a possibility considering that in CoE he didn't break up sooner with Elni because Robin got back together with Matt, and he didn't want to be single since being with Elni provide a good distraction from his feelings. But it would be just as great to read the growing tension between them if he wear to be unattached.

This is really unlikely, but I would love it if Ciara came back in a future book, the tension created by her between Cormoran and Robin was great to read.

01/30/2018 - 10:20 am

Leafling said
I wonder in case Robin gets married, will he get a new girlfriend ?ย ย

01/28/2018 - 7:24 pm

Leafling said
So far Cormoran had a new for lack of a better word 'girlfriend' in every book.

Book 1: Charlotte and Ciara Porter
Book 2: Nina Lasels
Book 3: Elin

I wonder in case Robin gets married, will he get a new girlfriend ?ย ย

No, she wonโ€™t get married. Or at least she will get divorced very very soon. ๐Ÿ™‚

01/28/2018 - 6:02 pm

Leafling said
So far Cormoran had a new for lack of a better word 'girlfriend' in every book.

Book 1: Charlotte and Ciara Porter
Book 2: Nina Lasels
Book 3: Elin

I wonder in case Robin gets married, will he get a new girlfriend ?ย ย

Boy that will be so boring!
Hi I'm Robin and I had a difficult relationship with my fiance and now he is my husband and we have a difficult marriage, I don't like my partner's new girlfriend, I make some thoughts about him but I give the wrong motives to it!
Hi I'm Cormoran I had a long-term relationship I dated some other women, I'm in love with my partner but now I date another woman to not be lonely, she is beautiful and I like her! ๐Ÿ™‚

I really want something different for the fourth book!
Maybe Cormoran not close to woman for a change even though I didn't concider Ciara Porter and Nina Lasels relationships.
Maybe Cormoran in a relationship and Robin single!
Maybe Cormoran and Robin both single!
For sure though I want a change!

01/28/2018 - 5:22 pm

So far Cormoran had a new for lack of a better word 'girlfriend' in every book.

Book 1: Charlotte and Ciara Porter
Book 2: Nina Lasels
Book 3: Elin

I wonder in case Robin gets married, will he get a new girlfriend ?

03/25/2017 - 5:16 pm

Speaking of Strike's love life in general, I don't think he knows what true love is. He is a total sucker for a pretty girl, obviously in his self-admitted Charlotte-addiction-illness, but also where he encounters any pretty woman. He softens toward them (noticeably not toward Robin when he's furious with her in CoE) and is overly impressed with the physical (perhaps this is just a male trait in general? LOL, I don't know!).

Anyway, he is going to learn once and for all what true love is with Robin. She's not just a pretty face -- she genuinely understands him and is very much like him in many ways; she respects him and he her; they have a deep connection; etc.

I invite everyone to visit our Cormoran Strike character page. There's a section devoted to his love life -- please let us know your feedback on it! http://strikefans.com/cormoran-strike/ [SPOILER ALERT: The section addresses all 3 books!]

03/06/2017 - 12:19 pm

My prediction is that they will get together in the next book, but in the fifth the latest. It is just so clear that they are in love with each other (from Robin's side it was not clear in the first two books but in the third it is) and I can't imagine going on and on like this for several books. I would find it very disturbing as a reader. On the other hand, these are the only books I read from Rowling, so who knows, maybe she would surprise me...
But I have more factual reasons as well for saying this, which I rather describe under the Book 4 Predictions topic (because that contains spoilers from the third book).

03/01/2017 - 12:42 pm

I love the chemistry between Strike and Robin though I agree that it will probably be a long time until they actually get together.

Rowling is really good at writing the slow build of their relationship though and I love the subtle indications of them falling for each other. Robin takes an almost immediate dislike to Elin, for instance, but puts it down to the fact that she refers to her as a 'secretary'...

02/28/2017 - 4:27 pm

Agree that Galbraith will need to keep the Strike/Robin relationship a slow burn. I'm not sure, from the writing so far, Robin is as aware of the attraction between them as he has openly been to himself.

I'm sure many fans of the books have an investment in the possibility of the partnership moving beyond the workplace. I too would love Cormoran to find happiness in his life outside the office and feel, like Lucy and Ilsa, that Robin would be perfect. This though, as he himself observes, has the potential for disaster and that's without taking Matthew into account.

02/28/2017 - 2:22 pm

Great! Thanks, LindMea. We'll definitely link to your stories in a future news blog. Let us know when you're able to write your next chapter/finish your one-shots. Maybe that will be a good time to do our post. (But if grad school keeps you from writing for a long while, we can do a post before then!) ๐Ÿ™‚

02/28/2017 - 12:40 pm

Aw thanks, that would be really nice! I'm glad you enjoy it. There isn't very much fanfic yet, it's true... but there are some other authors who have written some amazing stuff, so I feel like the fanfic we do have is pretty good! Now I feel like I should really finish the next chapter of my serial story... and work on the other one-shots I have on the go... (I started grad school in September and my writing-for-fun time has dropped to ZERO.)

~~~ Follow me on Tumblr | Find my Strike Series Fanfic on A03 ~~~

02/28/2017 - 1:28 am

LindMea, thank you for writing some Strike Series fanfic! There's not much out there. If it's OK with you, we might do a future blog post in which we could promote your stories with a link. Let me know what you think! Thanks.

02/27/2017 - 11:53 pm

Yeah, she has to keep the relationship between them interesting enough for more books. She said if she can maintain the interest then there might be over ten books! Charlotte's return will definitely stir things up big time!

02/27/2017 - 10:36 pm

Yes, Rowling/Galbraith is going to draw out the romance for a long while yet, it's the kind of torture she's so good at. (I will love every second of it, I guarantee)

~~~ Follow me on Tumblr | Find my Strike Series Fanfic on A03 ~~~

02/27/2017 - 8:58 pm

I think there's every indication that both Strike and Robin have fallen for each other and just don't quite realize it yet. It's my prediction that it will be a slow burn, and then when something does happen, Charlotte will swoop in and botch things up for them at least temporarily. I'd be surprised, though, if all this doesn't take place much later in the series than book 4. *ARRRRGH!*

02/27/2017 - 8:45 pm

Hello all!

I really hope JKR/RG addresses the burning issue of, whether Strike and Robin get together, in book 4! I've only read the first book but, I find myself shouting at the pages 'Oh for heaven's sake man! She's perfect for you and, LOADS better than the other one!' Should I seek help? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜˜โค๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน

StMawes: 40