Career of Evil (TV) | Page 2 | Discuss Cormoran Strike! | Discuss

Register Members

Career of Evil (TV)
02/05/2018 - 8:32 am

Leafling said

This is true to an extent in the books as well.

Yes but since they didn't show more of Matthew's character it shows like Robin is the bad one in the relationship! Without a serious reason she didn't followed him to Masham for the funeral but in the book there was a serious reason at least, for example.

Leafling said
I loved the trailer, I just wish it was longer, but that might be hard to manage without spoilers.

A longer trailer should be BBC's job to do but it doesn't promote it at all even though it will air in a few weeks.

02/09/2018 - 7:57 am

I'm hoping they'll show the trailer on BBC1 this Sunday after Call the Midwife. They often broadcast the trailer two weeks before a series starts.

02/09/2018 - 10:04 am

Kaqu said

Was thinking the same! Fingers crossed!

02/09/2018 - 2:31 pm

Kaqu said

Fingers Crossed 🙂

02/09/2018 - 6:29 pm

look what I found 😀

02/09/2018 - 7:31 pm

I hope this time they will not cut off Matthew's actions as they did in the previous episodes! If I hadn't read the books I woudn't felt I disliked him that much! I hope they will show how he deleted Robin's voicemail from Cormoran and call history!

Than's for the promo leafling! Can't wait for February 25 to watch the first episode! 🙂

02/09/2018 - 7:50 pm

I hope that too.
From the trailer looks like Cormoran is a suspect as well. Also Jeff Whittaker doesn't really look like what I pictured in my head, he fits the charter well, skinny drog addict with a gothik wibe, but I just kept picturing him with dreadlocks .

I can't wait to see this.

02/09/2018 - 8:02 pm

Leafling said

I hope that too.

I can't wait to see this.

I believe they did a good casting for all the characters from I saw in the previous episodes!
Yes that's the killer's intention to get his revenge from Cormoran! I can't wait for Robin's and Cormoran's scenes even though I know the one where he sees the engagement ring back on her finger and the last one will break my heart!

02/09/2018 - 8:38 pm

I loved the casting so far as well, I will love this one too.

02/09/2018 - 8:47 pm

Thank you so much, I love it! Have to watch a few more times to take it all in.

02/11/2018 - 11:45 am

It looks great but I'm still bummed it's just two episodes, oh well, I hope they put all the previous episodes on iPlayer so I can have a marathon (or two 😜). Isn't it two weeks from now?

02/11/2018 - 5:58 pm

Impulse said

How in the world will they fit all the action in CoE into just two episodes?!?

02/12/2018 - 1:26 pm

How in the world will they fit all the action in CoE into just two episodes?!?

They seem to have simplified the plot significantly (did anyone else have the impression that there would be a Strike doppelgänger in this?).
Also, looks like they will skip all the surveillance work (and neither two-times nor mad dad will be in it, because we pretend that Strike has only one case at a time) and simplify the hunting for the suspects.

So yeah... I'm curious how they will set up Strike's solution and how they'll disguise Laing.

02/12/2018 - 5:13 pm

Yes I do have the impression that there will be a Strike doppelgänger, and it makes sens since Laing's plan was to frame Strike with Kelsy's murder (the letters and all that). They also left out Carver, so that makes me wonder if Vanessa will play the bad cop or not?

02/12/2018 - 6:25 pm

I am also curious to see how they resolve the Laing - Ray issue. To tell you the truth, I was never really satisfied with this even in the book. He seemed to once have a beard (bushy even!), once not - photo on the JustGiving page + when Robin saw him when she tripped over on the curry. Did the man in the beanie hat - whom both of them saw several times - had a beard? Rowling never mentioned. Did Laing have a beard on the photo which his girlfriend showed Strike? How come that Strike didn't recognize him - OK, Rowling gave us some explanation by saying that he was covering his face with his hands imitating crying - but how come he didn't recognize him on the picture on the seaside, where he did notice the sea lily? I suppose he was not covering his face on that picture.... And how come the police didn't recognize him? (They were interviewing both Ray and Laing - no covering his face I suppose...).
Ray's shoulders were stooped. Is it really possible to fake stooped shoulders for a live-in girlfriend?
So.... it just never added up for me. And I'm really curious how they solved all these in the film.

02/16/2018 - 1:21 am

By the way the cuckoo's calling is on iPlayer now and BBC iPlayer have said the silkworm will be up soon. Just 9 days now until it's on, I will have to watch it after work anyhow.

02/16/2018 - 9:08 am

This has just gone up - clips from Career of Evil and interviews

02/16/2018 - 10:23 am

irnbrugirl66 said

This has just gone up - clips from Career of Evil and interviews

Thanks for posting this! Can they do an interview where they are both in the same room I would love to see how they interact outside the tv-show! Can't wait to watch Career of evil!

02/16/2018 - 11:32 pm

Exactly what I was thinking!

02/17/2018 - 9:20 am

irnbrugirl66 said
Exactly what I was thinking!

Well they were at the same place so why just not put them sit next to each other and interview them together... Since they began to give interviews about Strike all are like this and they are the main characters so fans would be happy to watch an interview in common! Hope in the future we get to see one! They are both so sweet and look so good on screen together!