Career of Evil (TV) | Page 2 | Discuss Cormoran Strike! | Discuss

Career of Evil (TV)
02/16/2018 - 1:21 am

By the way the cuckoo's calling is on iPlayer now and BBC iPlayer have said the silkworm will be up soon. Just 9 days now until it's on, I will have to watch it after work anyhow.

02/12/2018 - 6:25 pm

I am also curious to see how they resolve the Laing - Ray issue. To tell you the truth, I was never really satisfied with this even in the book. He seemed to once have a beard (bushy even!), once not - photo on the JustGiving page + when Robin saw him when she tripped over on the curry. Did the man in the beanie hat - whom both of them saw several times - had a beard? Rowling never mentioned. Did Laing have a beard on the photo which his girlfriend showed Strike? How come that Strike didn't recognize him - OK, Rowling gave us some explanation by saying that he was covering his face with his hands imitating crying - but how come he didn't recognize him on the picture on the seaside, where he did notice the sea lily? I suppose he was not covering his face on that picture.... And how come the police didn't recognize him? (They were interviewing both Ray and Laing - no covering his face I suppose...).
Ray's shoulders were stooped. Is it really possible to fake stooped shoulders for a live-in girlfriend?
So.... it just never added up for me. And I'm really curious how they solved all these in the film.

02/12/2018 - 5:13 pm

They seem to have simplified the plot significantly (did anyone else have the impression that there would be a Strike doppelgänger in this?).
Also, looks like they will skip all the surveillance work (and neither two-times nor mad dad will be in it, because we pretend that Strike has only one case at a time) and simplify the hunting for the suspects.

So yeah... I'm curious how they will set up Strike's solution and how they'll disguise Laing.

Yes I do have the impression that there will be a Strike doppelgänger, and it makes sens since Laing's plan was to frame Strike with Kelsy's murder (the letters and all that). They also left out Carver, so that makes me wonder if Vanessa will play the bad cop or not?

02/12/2018 - 1:26 pm

How in the world will they fit all the action in CoE into just two episodes?!?

02/11/2018 - 5:58 pm

Impulse said
It looks great but I'm still bummed it's just two episodes, oh well, I hope they put all the previous episodes on iPlayer so I can have a marathon (or two 😜). Isn't it two weeks from now?

How in the world will they fit all the action in CoE into just two episodes?!?

02/11/2018 - 11:45 am

02/09/2018 - 8:47 pm

Thank you so much, I love it! Have to watch a few more times to take it all in.

02/09/2018 - 8:38 pm

I loved the casting so far as well, I will love this one too.

02/09/2018 - 8:02 pm

Leafling said

I hope this time they will not cut off Matthew's actions as they did in the previous episodes! If I hadn't read the books I woudn't felt I disliked him that much! I hope they will show how he deleted Robin's voicemail from Cormoran and call history!

I hope that too.
From the trailer looks like Cormoran is a suspect as well. Also Jeff Whittaker doesn't really look like what I pictured in my head, he fits the charter well, skinny drog addict with a gothik wibe, but I just kept picturing him with dreadlocks .

I can't wait to see this.

I believe they did a good casting for all the characters from I saw in the previous episodes!
Yes that's the killer's intention to get his revenge from Cormoran! I can't wait for Robin's and Cormoran's scenes even though I know the one where he sees the engagement ring back on her finger and the last one will break my heart!

02/09/2018 - 7:50 pm

I hope that too.

I can't wait to see this.

02/09/2018 - 7:31 pm

Than's for the promo leafling! Can't wait for February 25 to watch the first episode! 🙂

02/09/2018 - 6:29 pm

look what I found 😀

02/09/2018 - 2:31 pm

Kaqu said
I'm hoping they'll show the trailer on BBC1 this Sunday after Call the Midwife. They often broadcast the trailer two weeks before a series starts.

Fingers Crossed 🙂

02/09/2018 - 10:04 am

Kaqu said

Was thinking the same! Fingers crossed!

02/09/2018 - 7:57 am

02/05/2018 - 8:32 am

Leafling said

This is true to an extent in the books as well.

Yes but since they didn't show more of Matthew's character it shows like Robin is the bad one in the relationship! Without a serious reason she didn't followed him to Masham for the funeral but in the book there was a serious reason at least, for example.

Leafling said
I loved the trailer, I just wish it was longer, but that might be hard to manage without spoilers.

A longer trailer should be BBC's job to do but it doesn't promote it at all even though it will air in a few weeks.

02/05/2018 - 7:46 am

We didn't get so see most of their fights that show clearly how bad Matthew is as a partner to her! In the adaption it's like Robin doesn't really care about her relationship with Matthew and all she wants is her work as a detective!

This is true to an extent in the books as well.

02/04/2018 - 4:03 pm

I'm just rewatching Silkworm and what bothers me the most ist the portrayal of Matt and Robin's relationship. In the adaptation, Robin seems to willfully sabotage her relationship and Matthew has some really good points being angry at her. There's NOTHING left of his petulant, patronising, idiotic, jealous nature and this just annoys me as hell. The whole point of Robin having a shitty relationship and not noticing it is really getting lost.

I really didn't know if I wanted to laugh or cry when I saw Matthew ironing clothes and Robin going out to a party with Cormoran to investigate!

02/04/2018 - 3:56 pm

I very much agree with you!

Well, I'd imagine an ex-boxer would be have a slightly bulkier stature 😉

02/03/2018 - 9:57 pm

Agreed, but this is so silly. Strike is supposed to be 6'3" and about 220 pounds but they keep referring to him as a giant. My husband is a little over 6'3" and about that weight and actually appears like a fit, slender-to-average sized guy. By no stretch would he be considered bulky or overweight. They should just let Tom Burke play the part as he is.

I very much agree with you!