Breaking the 4th wall: Robert Galbraith appreciation thread | Discuss Cormoran Strike! | Discuss

Breaking the 4th wall: Robert Galbraith appreciation thread
02/05/2018 - 11:21 am

Leafling said
Crime fiction is one of my favorite genres when I found out that JKR, wrote crime fiction, it was like Christmas came early. I grow up reading HP, it is so easy to fall in love with her characters and the Strike series did not disappoint. I'm impatiently awaiting the next book and no matter the plot I will love it.

Same with me haha! And funnily enough, the whole whosdunnit feel of Philosopher's Stone was the first of many reasons I came to love the HP books. All the foreshadowing, dropping clues, she's always been super good at this. So, I just LOVE that she does crime fiction now!

02/05/2018 - 10:00 am

02/04/2018 - 3:49 pm

You are right! So sorry about that! 🙂

02/04/2018 - 7:58 am

Hate to be a spoil sport guys, but wouldn't it be better to discuss book 4 related topics in the book 4 predictions thread? 😇🤓

You are right! So sorry about that! 🙂

02/04/2018 - 7:56 am

Impulse said

Awww bless I hope things get better for you.

Thank you so much! 🙂

02/04/2018 - 5:04 am

02/04/2018 - 1:55 am

I so very much liked the idea (I can't recall who's it is) that Robin will be in search for a flat while single and she and Ekwenzi will become flatmates! I think she would be a good friend to Robin!

See I was reading some of career of evil the other day and I think Shanker! could be the new assistant we were teased.
And I reckon Robin will move in with Ekwenzi and finally have a friend to gossip with and stuff. And I think it will be better this way, or maybe it's a house share and they're living together that way. I want Robin to have a genuine friend and feel this is a better way.
Plus when I noticed how in awe Shanker was in the showdown in coe and his seemingly new admiration for strike, I just couldn't get the idea out of my head he will be the new assistant, I think it could be great.
I think the set up will be better this way, but I'm probably completely wrong lol.

02/04/2018 - 1:44 am

I wish I knew! I did't even know I had so many posts! Laugh

Maybe because I'm an optimist I try to keep it that way by writing about how I still hope J.K Rowling isn't letting Robin marrying Matthew even if the solution isn't realistic to some others + it's a waste of time for me personally while reading a crime novel reading about much personal drama also! (I don't mean to offend someone that might enjoy much personal stuff in crime genre it's just my personal taste!)
You could count also my dislike for Matthew and many posts I wasted writing about him!
My desire to see Robin free of him and be single, free to follow her dreams and do what she likes, finding friends, be with someone worthy of her (if not Cormoran then a man that will be nice to her and love her for who she really is)
And after watching together Tom and Holly damn I want Cormoran and Robin together like crazy!
But maybe deep inside since last year was the worst for me since I lost the dearest person in my life I have the need for good things to happen even in the books I read...

Awww bless I hope things get better for you.

02/03/2018 - 10:30 pm

That would really be an amazing development -- they made it pretty clear in CoE that it's nearly impossible for someone with Robin's income to find a decent flat alone!

Yes! She was really worried where she would end up living if she had to leave from the flat she and Matthew shared! And for that she misplaced her jealousy when she thought Cormoran was going to live with Elin in an expensive flat!

02/03/2018 - 10:23 pm

02/03/2018 - 9:56 pm

02/03/2018 - 9:49 pm

Impulse said

Can I just ask something how the f have you got 221 posts, I've just got 19 (Well 20 now) and I thought I posted quite often. 😂

I wish I knew! I did't even know I had so many posts! Laugh

02/03/2018 - 7:34 pm

Something I love most about the Strike-series - aside from the EXCELLENT crime fiction it is - is that Jo managed to create believable characters which shatter expectations of gender. Although both heroes appear as the very clichè of their respectable genders (Robin beautiful, curcy, sexy, Cormoran tall, muscular, hairy), they have so many character traits that shatter all social expectations. I really LOVE this. And I'm so excited for Detective Sargent (hopefully, Detective INSPECTOR soon, bc that idiot Carver needs to get demotet) Ekwenzi to be somehow part of their team. That's all the series still needs: a kick-ass black woman!

02/03/2018 - 6:35 pm

Besides "Thank you" for the stories she writes and in case she reads the topics in this forum I would like to say that the next time I start reading one of her book series I will first check if they are completed because the wait is killing me! 🙂
I also hope that the long waiting for the fourth instalment is worth it you know... ( a very good case + Robin not marrying Matthew, get her job back, going to live alone, find herself, make some good friends, go on dates meeting new people, discovering her feelings for Cormoran)

02/03/2018 - 6:32 pm

Don't think I could ever thank her enough, idk what it is about her writing but it just draws you in. I'm thinking of re reading the books before lethal white, I read the last 80 pages or so of career of evil the other day and was so drawn in it was unbelievable, I was like your ment to be examining this but its just too good a read, which is great.

02/03/2018 - 6:06 pm

Yes, it would be lovely to thank her for this series. Her creation of Harry Potter's world was such an enormous achievement that, to be honest, I couldn't imagine how anything else she wrote could ever match that sublimity. But she's done it again -- I find myself in agony waiting for the next installment, completely invested in these characters and the cases they investigate. Awesome.

02/03/2018 - 2:01 pm

Since we were talking about how funny it would be if JKR would ever stumble accross our discussions and theories, I thought we might as well leave her a "thank you"-thread to keep her company while she's struggling her way through finishing Lethal White! <3

02/03/2018 - 1:34 pm

What a lovely idea! It feels a bit like were playing with an ouija board: I do and do not want her to be here Kiss

02/03/2018 - 12:14 pm