BOOK 5 PREDICTIONS | Discuss Cormoran Strike! | Discuss

BOOK 5 PREDICTIONS
03/22/2019 - 7:14 pm

Hi, I read on a page called Howartsproffesor the theory that we have to wait for a relationship between Cormoran and Robin, and the idea that she could have a relationship with another man. Personally, don`t like the idea. I want them together.
I think that Charlotte will be in the middle of them, just like Mathew. And I have doubt, who send the flowers to the office, was Mathew or someone else? It`s possible that her raper reapeared to become a ñew threaten to Robin?

Mauro
03/01/2019 - 4:58 pm

Good afternoon to you all, I' ve recently discovered your site, and i found it really interesting.
I read in translation first (so I had to wait 4 monts LW trying to avoid any information about the book), then in English (even though my english is far from good JKR books are really well written and with a good dictionary can be fully enjoyed.

NO MORE CUNLIFFE!!! I hope in a divorce by first chapter and then try to forget they have ever exhisted(written?). I could make an allowance to enjoy a Cunliffe/Campbell marriage, a couple made in hell.

And a little peace for Robin.
She is really a woman which has suffered enough, we know, first raped and then psychologically abused FOR YEARS by MC (cheating included); I discussed about her with my wife and she said that in her opinion what MC did to her is worst. I'm inclined to agree.

In my opinion books 3&4 can be interpreted as an essay about violence against women.

That for me is more than enough.

Boo
02/24/2019 - 4:36 pm

I think Charlotte will have disappeared and Strike will have to find her. It feels like the episode in the restaurant in LW was building to something like that. Looking for Charlotte could also get in the wah of a Strike-Robin relationship

02/13/2019 - 7:55 pm

Hi from Argentina, I just found the web and I love it. just re reading LW and wonder what could happen in 2 years between them. In COE it was great who we could know the story by the flash back, but now, with them more closely and without any other person in the middle make me think if they don´t make any advance in their relationship!!!!

Rachel
01/29/2019 - 3:01 pm

If there are to be bumps in the road for Strike and Robin’s relationship it would be interesting to see it caused by them disagreeing quite strongly on some key aspect of a case, or perhaps the character of a client or suspect. Perhaps one of them is sympathetic the other very suspicious (probably Robin would be the sympathetic one but not necessarily. )

A more ambiguous murderer would be interesting, someone more sympathetic and not driven by narcissism, evil, revenge or greed. JK could do this so easily, I bet she will at some point if not in book 5.

Perhaps Robin gets to be the one to put all the information together and work it all out this time. It would be fun to see the reverse of her and Strike at the end of LW where she tries to prod him into making the connections, but I guess that is not how her character would behave.

12/08/2018 - 1:37 pm

Antosha said

Huh. Having worked in publishing for most of my adult life, I can tell you... That's amazing. Actually, it makes sense. They know they've got a large book coming, so they're setting everything up ahead of time. Still, you don't see that kind of timeline outside of non-fiction very often!

I can imagine JKR being high priority at her publishing house 😉 Even so, it's probably too optimistic to think the book will be finished at the end of next year (mind you, it doesn't have to be published yet to be turned into a screenplay), but hey, a girl can dream 😉

Antosha
12/07/2018 - 6:04 pm

Antosha said

This seems a bit too much.

Rowling announced on Twitter that she finished Lethal White on 23 March and it was published on 18 September - approximately six months.

Same with Career of Evil. She tweeted that she finished the book on 24 April 2015 and the book was published some time in October.

12/07/2018 - 8:17 am

Antosha said

This seems a bit too much.

Antosha
12/06/2018 - 3:10 am

Kaqu said
It might be terribly optimistic, but would it be possible that JKR is quite a way into the next book already, and that they will film LW and this next one back to back at the end of next year?

For a book like these, there's usually at least a full year between when the manuscript is submitted and the book comes out -- sometimes more like two. Think of it this way: We know she's still writing. Even once she's finished, she'll want to do rewrites. Then, once she's happy, there's editing, marketing, publicity, design -- and that's not even mentioning the months it takes to get tens or hundreds of thousands of paper copies printed.

So as wonderful as it would be if you were right... I think the soonest we can expect the fifth book is summer 2020.

melanie
12/02/2018 - 6:38 am

It's just so great that JK is working on book 5 I'm really excited...I was a little worried about the time jump but then I realized that there was such thing in LW and it actually was really good cause there were flashbacks so technically we didn't miss anything...I'm also really happy that Al Rokeby is coming back in the new book cause he seemed such an interesting character and he was so handsome too:)) I hope that he'd have an important role in book 5...since we've never seen the real jealous Cormoron I want Al to fall for Robin...Robin is probably single in the new book so she deserves to be in other relationship except that shitty marriage and it would be really interesting to see that Cormoran's half brother and Robin attract to eachother...maybe it would make Cormoran finally realize that he's actually in love with his work partner.

11/29/2018 - 8:23 am

Clive
11/29/2018 - 7:52 am

I was also worried about the possible time jump, but then LW wasn’t at all like I would have wanted and it turned out great, so obviously I trust JK Rowling to know what’s best for the characters.

If we do start in late 2013, assuming they’re not together, I hope they’re both single. I would be happy enough with them focused on the work and enjoying being friends, but I’m not sure what you gain from putting Strike in another one-sided relationship. Robin I don’t know – I’ve never been through a divorce. It has been entertaining to see them both jealous of each other’s partners without wanting to admit it, but I’m not sure that can go on.

I’m mostly just excited that JK Rowling is already working on the book. Do we think it could be published before LW is shown on TV?

Joanne
11/24/2018 - 7:43 pm

Yesterday (Friday, Nov. 23, 2018) Rowling/Galbraith) gave us (on her Twitter account) a bit of information about Book 5. The biggest piece of information was that she was at that moment writing about Robin's inner dialogue on her 29th birthday!?

I was a bit shocked since I was just re-reading Lethal White and had just come across where Robin is asked how old she is by Jasper Chiswell and she says she's 27 (Chapter 15 page 148). Her birthday is in October and book 4 ends in September 2012 before her 28th birthday.

We don't know which chapter JKR's working on but my hope is that she has actually been working on book 5 for awhile and has moved on into 2013, rather than book 5 starting in 2013 (so it jumps ahead a whole year like in book 4). That jump was OK since we missed a lot of Robin and Matt and sad Cormoran but Robin and Cormoran had actually gotten into a good place at the end of book 4--so losing a year now wouldn't be good.

JKR also mentioned that Al Rokeby would be returning in book 5--but didn't answer if Jonny Rokeby would ever be making an appearance. I had scenarios worked out for book 5 when I thought it would pick up where 4 left off but now I'm not so sure that's the case. I'll have to rethink everything I thought might happen in light of this new info.

11/05/2018 - 5:28 pm

wvjilly said
Hi!

I've just discovered this website and have just begun to look around. I feel absolutely obsessed since I read LW, and re-read it, then listened to it... 🙂

Hey! I've read LW once and now savoring it by listening to all the books in order in English for the first time (in the middle of the Silkworm right now). And hopefully when I'm done LW will be out in here.

wvjilly said

I wonder what others think of the idea of a kidnapping while helping Rokeby with some problem and including an abroad trip? I've gone through several scenarios in my head about who might be kidnapped and who might be the saving hero(ine), but I just keep thinking that if Robin is in a life and death situation for days, it might make Strike realize he needs to declare his feelings, working relationship be damned. And if the story line involves Rokeby, it might involve travel abroad. Of course, they would need to be solvent enough as an agency to be flying here and there, so maybe this won't happen in Book 5. If Rokeby would meet Robin and they'd like each other (as in some characteristics he and Strike have in common draws her to him), then Rokeby was the saving factor for Robin in a dangerous place, might that not heal things a bit between Strike and his dad?

Somewhere online I read a prediction that Strike and Robin's wedding will occur at the beginning of Book 7. ( I was rather amazed at such a specific prediction, but there were reasons given.) I kind of like that idea. It would give Book 5 time for them to be a little more relaxed together, then Book 6 to actually be in a publicly acknowledged relationship.

I am totally up for their foreign trips. I mean I adore their just road trips. Imagine them going somewhere overseas. Bless those two! (And Jo.) No matter what the reason of the trip will be.

Oh I've read about that wedding predictions yesterday actually. I must say I disagree with the reasoning they gave (as far as I understood it was about parallels with HP books). But I still want them to get married no doubt!) And I really like your timeframe for it.

Also I've read on the same website an interesting theory. It states that Rokeby is not Strike's real dad. They have pretty convincing reasons there, but I still don't buy it. Or I thought I didn't. Because now ALL I can here now whenever Rokeby is mentioned in Silkworm (as I'm listening to it) is that Strike doesn't look like him at all. Thought by Robin, thought by Strike himself. And practically everyone else. Here's the theory http://www.hogwartsprofessor.c.....al-father/

wvjilly said

Also, I'll just throw it out there that I'm excited about their new office space. I'm thinking they might repurpose an old building with a nice loft for living that would be plenty handy and big enough for two. 🙂

I love Robin's brothers. What a gang! They are so onboard! I'm sure her mom will pretty soon realise how happy she is.
And one of my favourite things to be excited about is the highest possibility of their new office space on book 5. It's going to be such a turning point in the whole series.

wvjilly
11/04/2018 - 5:43 pm

Hi!

I'm hoping Robin's family will be more a part of one of the future books. I think her brothers are already onboard for liking him and her mother will come around, I'm sure.

I'm so glad I found this website and can't wait to look around more. I'm excited to find others who are as immersed in this as I am!!!

10/29/2018 - 6:24 pm

Charlotte had a way too big part in Lethal White not to make an appearance in book 5. She sounds like a borderline personality disorder patient. She has gotten the cold shoulder from Strike, he's done with her hurting him. This won't go down lightly with Charlotte. She will do anything to make him care about her again because she does not want to be abandoned by him. This is going to continue for sure.

Rutland Belle
10/28/2018 - 7:41 pm

As they’ve been in the news a lot recently I was thinking, could the Invictus Games feature in a future book?

A sporting event for injured veterans, the brain child of Prince Harry. Even sponsored by Land Rover. There seem a lot of links to what we’ve read so far.

Can’t really see Strike competing at this stage (you never know!) but he has been known to swim. Boxing is not one of the events. Maybe he will become a super fit athlete. Like I say, you never know!

10/20/2018 - 11:45 pm

Lady Danièle said

Ooh, what an interesting thought! Imagine the baby goes missing, and Strike knows full well it was not wanted. His inside knowledge would be torture, and, of course, baby-free Charlotte would be working her charms on him for all she is worth.

Lady Danièle
10/20/2018 - 7:23 pm

I think a new case involving the disappearance of Charlotte or her baby after giving birth would make for an interesting twist. After all she did tell Strike that she didn't want the child. This could be a nice set up for tension between Strike and Robin, along with new, yet mentioned characters like Jago Ross and Charlotte's father. Could also stretch the stability of relationships with Lucy, Ilsa and Nick? Thoughts?

10/18/2018 - 2:22 am

Chiming in with my hopes and guesses about Book 5:

1. I hope it starts right up with curry at Nick and Ilsa's, and that Spanner is there, flirting with Robin. Strike will have to cope with seeing Robin interact with another man who fancies her.
Now that Robin has some friends (and her new roommate) they can help her sort out her feelings. But I'm a big fan of the slow burn so I hope it takes the whole book!

2. I think Whittaker will be back. He's the only villain who didn't get his just deserts.

3. Strike's half-brother Switch Whittaker is old enough now to cause trouble somehow, so I think
he'll figure in. Or maybe he'll ask them to investigate Leda's death? Isn't he the same age Cormoran was when Leda died (20?)

4. I think Strike won't willingly have anything to do with Charlotte, but I would like to see Robin get the better of her somehow. Did Charlotte ever meet Leda, I wonder?

5. The Whittaker family connection could mean that they are up in Yorkshire, where Robin and her family would have the contacts and Robin could take the lead in the investigation. I'd love to see the Ellacotts interacting more with Cormoran, especially in a domestic setting.