Book 4 Predictions | Page 6 | Discuss Cormoran Strike! | Discuss

Book 4 Predictions
07/05/2017 - 6:35 pm

Pamela Fizler said

I didn't knew about the 4 months between announcement and release in the books of the series, so yeah we still have time this year! I believe too that we will have the release date in August, fingers crossed lol

I can see a way for a kiss between Robin and Cormoran a kinda accidently one though... If Matthew as the idiot he is after Robin's reaction while she said "I do" leaves her and Cormoran tries to comfort her and convince her that it wasn't her fault that Matthew reacted that way etc and she goes for a kiss on the cheek and he is so surprised and turning his head she meets his lips, I could imagine a kiss like that for a start!

As for Charlotte coming back I don't know what JKR said about it and I guess I didn't payed attention to her header on twitter, can you help me out here...? I always thought she will be back when Robin and Cormoran are ready to start a relationship or in the beginning of it! I only hope that Cormoran if not completly over her doesn't make the mistake of letting her back in his life and doesn't start dating her again for any reason!

I liked the idea of an accidently kiss kkk
I don't think Strike will come back with Charlotte, but i think she will appear again in Lethal White. In JKR's header had a crow in a white background and some people were saying it means Charlotte is back.

Hi Pamela! I didn't know either how the publication proces of a book goes but I would be happy if we get in our hands the fourth book by December because we waited to long this time!
As for the header with white background and the cow I still can understand how this indicates to Charlotte, I guess in this matter I'm poor in imagination! lol
Something else I would like to mention is that if she brings a child with her that would complicate things further as they already are and I hope it's not the case! I hope she comes back out of boredom because of the "perfect" life she must display! But I still believe she must come back while Cormoran and Robin are in the beginning of their relationship because it will cause more sentimental angst, if she comes back now we only are going to see Robin jealous again as in the third book with Elin or it might help her realize how she feels about him?

07/05/2017 - 6:04 pm

LindMea said

I guess we'll have to wait to find out, lol!!

As for when the fourth book comes out... we haven't really had any hints, have we. BUT I don't think that Rowling would have released the title without the book being finished, or almost finished. Hasn't she said before that the title page is the last thing she writes?

If that is indeed the case, then I think that we will get an announcement of the release date in August, sometime around the airing of the BBC series - and I think the book itself will be released in December, in time for Christmas sales. There were four months between announcement and release for the other books in the series, and that would fit an August-December timeline. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

I liked the idea of an accidently kiss kkk

07/05/2017 - 4:17 pm

Caitlin - I also don't quite see how the wedding scene could end.

It would be indeed weird if Robin just went to Strike and kissed him. Not because I think she is not in love with him but rather because we got to know Robin as a very decent person who is not doing things that are remotely as scandalous as this would be.

But to go through the ceremony and the party, and then go for the honeymoon with Matthew as if everything was perfectly fine is (at least) just as strange for me. After all those hints we got throughout the last chapters.

Comparing the two alternatives, I always thought that it is still more likely that Robin will not finish the ceremony or at least will not go for the honeymoon and regard the marriage as void. AND get together with Strike - maybe not on the day of the wedding, but soon.

Now that I have discovered that the last chapter starts with "a redcap, a redcap before the kiss" I am even more convinced that the wedding day will end with a kiss, and NOT between Robin and Matthew.

Strike sent Robin flowers (as Rowling put it) and she was looking straight into his eyes, beaming. She won't kiss Matthew.

How will Rowling keep up the tension? I think she will send Charlotte to them. There is an interesting analysis of Joanne under Strike/Charlotte relationship about the meaning of Rowling's previous Twitter header, suggesting that Charlotte will appear in Book Four. I even think that Rowling will send Charlotte to them with the news that the baby she was talking about before does exist.

But I know all of this is imagination. We'll see when Book Four is finally out. (But when will it be??? Does somebody have a clue? It is not nice from Rowling to finish a book with such a cliffhanger and then have the readers wait so long, the longest since she has begun the entire series...) 🙂

Sadly we haven't any news about a release date on the fourth book but I hope that it will be published until December! We all have amazing theories on how this story can continue but only JKR can give us the right answer! Maybe she will choose a completly other option to go on with after Robin's "I do" I only hope it's Matthew free!

07/05/2017 - 3:31 pm

Ok, I've thought about it and you're certainly right, this could be an interpretation of that quote. This is why Rowling is so marvelous.

But I still lean towards my interpretation about the meaning. 🙂

I guess we'll have to wait to find out, lol!!

~~~ Follow me on Tumblr | Find my Strike Series Fanfic on A03 ~~~

07/05/2017 - 1:44 pm

LindMea said

I don't know about legally, but it's certainly an important part of the ceremony -symbolically- as the moment where the couple 'seals' the marriage. It's the end of the ceremony, the part where everyone claps... I see it sort of as the climax, and I think it could be very significant that Strike made it to the wedding BEFORE the kiss.

But I still lean towards my interpretation about the meaning. 🙂

07/05/2017 - 1:39 pm

Caitlin - I also don't quite see how the wedding scene could end.

07/05/2017 - 12:15 pm

Or is the kiss somehow important from the point of view of the validity of the marriage? I mean legally?

~~~ Follow me on Tumblr | Find my Strike Series Fanfic on A03 ~~~

07/05/2017 - 11:36 am

We don't agree in this, but I have already said that. 🙂

We'll see.

Hi! If you ask me romance has nothing to do with Robin and Matthew not even if they might kiss after the ceremony (if they actually get married) I never felt something romantic between them except maybe the marriage proposal in the first book but that's all!
As for your option I wouldn't mind if it happens but I strongly believe that JKR likes to torture her fans so based on that I doubt Cormoran and Robin will kiss in the fourth book let alone in the beginning! They are not so madly in love for that to happen (she sees him, lets Matthew at the altar and runs into Cormorans arms and kisses him) The only way I see why she would kiss him is while he congratulates her for her wedding and asks her to come back to work so she kisses him on the cheek but that would be such a let down because that means she got married to Matthew and she didn't figure out what he did with her phone!

07/05/2017 - 6:31 am

LindMea said

I'm fairly certain that it's referring to Strike making it to the wedding before 'the kiss' - that is, before Matthew and Robin kiss at the end of the ceremony.

Maybe I am ignorant, and/or have no romantic mind at all, but is really a kiss between Robin and Matthew so important? They have been kissing each other for many years.

My logic was (I briefly thought of your solution but I dropped that because of the above) that a kiss between Robin and Strike would be of importance, worth mentioning in the introductory quotation. As that would be the first one. And that is the one that relates to the Red Cap.

I HOPE that it's hinting that Strike (an ex-Red Cap!) showing up before the kiss is important, in that it will stop the kiss from happening!

It could be that I am wrong when I predict a kiss between Robin and Strike on the wedding on the basis of this quotation but I would be really very much surprised if this didn't mean at least that what you said. This quotation is so direct, it must mean something. Think about it: Rowling could have easily chosen something more neutral, but still relevant text.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure that Strike and Robin won't kiss for a few more books. 🙁

We don't agree in this, but I have already said that. 🙂

We'll see.

07/04/2017 - 9:44 pm

LindMea said

Sadly, I'm pretty sure that Strike and Robin won't kiss for a few more books. 🙁

I agree with LindMea on that matter, I too believe that it might indicate that there will be no kiss between Robin and Matthew as bride and groom or at least I want to believe so!
As for a kiss between Robin and Cormoran it might happen to work as a cliffhanger for book five or book six!

07/04/2017 - 7:17 pm

Have you realized what the Blue Öyster Cult quotation is to the last chapter of CoE? (I haven't, until now...)

"A redcap, a redcap, before the kiss..."

For me, this clearly indicates that Strike and Robin will kiss each other in the beginning of Book Four.

What do you think?

Sadly, I'm pretty sure that Strike and Robin won't kiss for a few more books. 🙁

~~~ Follow me on Tumblr | Find my Strike Series Fanfic on A03 ~~~

07/04/2017 - 4:57 pm

"A redcap, a redcap, before the kiss..."

What do you think?

06/18/2017 - 10:08 pm

Joanne said
Yes, I do remember JK Rowling saying that the 4th Cormoran Strike book would be out in 2017. I actually believe she finished the book when she had the contest to guess the name of the 4th book in March. I told my sister that JKR had said she has one superstition when she writes and that is to never write the title until she is finished with the book.

Now technically she didn't write it--she just retweeted the correct guess--but I still believe it counts. I think it's finished and she will just announce the publication date when they have a firm BBC date for the series. I ran across a question and answer on Twitter from JRK's agent/editor to a question if the Strike series was going to start on August 1st and the her agent said they haven't been given a definite date yet. I have my fingers crossed that we hear both in this upcoming week since the window to publicize is quickly closing between now and August.

Caitlin I agree with you that I think Matt and Robin are married but I think--there is no way that Cormoran leaves the wedding without talking to Robin and there is no way with Robin's reaction to seeing Cormoran there--that she is going to let Matt forbid her talking to Cormoran. She will find out what happened on all levels--and I can't see Matt not being exposed for how he tried to undermine Robin's ability to make her own decisions in regard to Cormoran and her job.

That's intersting, I didn't know that JKR does that! She has so many projects at the same time that I believed that she decided about the title and has half of the story written but if that is correct then maybe they do expect for the final release date of the tv-show to announce the publication date of the Lethal white!

Since I finished reading CoE I had plenty of time to think how things could work out but I don't if any of my guesses could be the right one! The only reason I think they are married is how Matthew was described as "stony-faced new husband!" But I still wonder if there was something to that "there is still time" Cormoran said at some point during CoE... I don't know if JKR uses foreshadowing, I've read the HP serie and The casual vacancy but didn't payed much attention!
I remember something that Matthew said in The silkworm about Cormoran being a guest to their wedding and causing somethig and it happen in the last scene of CoE and deep inside I hope Cormoran did had time to make Robin realize that she doesn't want to be married to Matthew!
The only reasons I believe that she has to know at the begining of Lethal white is because if she doesn't:
1. Matthew will find the opportunity to unblock Cormoran's number and find an excuse for deleting the voicemail!
2. I don't can't imagine another opportunity for that matter to come up again! I can't imagine Cormoran mention his voicemail to Robin after a long time has past and with Robin back at work!
3. There must be a reason that Lethal white starts where CoE ended, I don't quite believe it's for us to read about Robin's wedding reception and I don't think it's because they will come accross their new case there!

I want to believe that JKR will give Robin the opportunity to break free from Matthew and get her wedding annulled if that is even possible! In my opinion we had enough drama between Robin and Matthew to endure another 1-2 books with them as a married couple! And to be honest I don't want Matthew to win again and Robin not knowing what he did and his true motives!

Joanne
06/18/2017 - 9:21 pm

06/18/2017 - 8:31 pm

Joanne said
Caitlin--I think you are very right--Robin is a woman that Cormoran feels comfortable with and he doesn't want to lose her. I think he was so relieved to see that smile on her face after he accidently knocked over the flowers. He had real doubts that she wanted him to be there but he came because he needed to see if she would come back to work with him again.

That is why I am sure that he and Robin will have to talk and that Matt wants to avoid that at all costs.

I think this has to take place at the church. I believe there is a real possibility that there won't be a honeymoon.

[On another note: Is there anyone who thought we wouldn't know the publication date for "Lethal White" by now??? I would have bet anything that they would try to publish the book around the same time as the airing of the BBC "Strike" series.]

Hi Joanne! I really hope there would be a magical way to stop them from become husband and wife but I don't know if I can have my hopes high on that matter but if they do get married I want for Robin to know moments later what he did with her phone and leave him, go back to work and start a better life without Matthew! I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself if she doesn't find out immediately and he gets away with it and they go happylly to their honeymoon! For me that would be such a let down after the long waiting for the fourth book!

As for the release date I was thinking the same as you, that they would publish the book when the serie is about to start but I haven't heard something so I guess they have other plans... Maybe they want to release the fourth book when the tv serie ends but I hope they will publish it this year!

Joanne
06/18/2017 - 8:18 pm

06/18/2017 - 7:16 pm

honoraryskywalker said

You're right about Ted and Joan, they didn't came to mind while I was writing the post. Still, I think Strike's troubled relationship history (both family relationships and love relationships) does affect him in many ways and makes him feel somewhat "damaged". I think that's part of the reason why he sees Robin as both desirable and dangerous. He knows he can't hide from her. With women like Elin, he's Cormoran Strike "the detective". With Robin, he's Cormoran Strike "the man".

"I think that's part of the reason why he sees Robin as both desirable and dangerous. He knows he can't hide from her. With women like Elin, he's Cormoran Strike "the detective". With Robin, he's Cormoran Strike "the man!"

I never thought of this and it's a very interesting point of view! It's a long time since I've read the books and I've read so many since that I might be wrong but if I remember correctly at some point Cormoran mentions something about that all women want to change a man or all women in his life wanted to change him but Robin doesn't do that or sees who he really is...? (If I'm wrong please feel free to correct me on this)

06/18/2017 - 7:07 pm

honoraryskywalker said
Hi everybody, new member here! (some of you already know me from tumblr).

Personally, I don't think Cormoran and Robin will get together in this book. They're not ready yet.

Whatever happens between Robin and Matthew (I'm still hoping they won't get married... though it's unlikely), she will need time to heal from this disaster of a relationship that, as bad as it was, was her main source of stability.
She will also have to find the courage to face her feelings for Cormoran. I think they're already there - but so far she has refused to acknowledge them openly. And if she leaves Matt, her job and her relationship with Cormoran will be the one fixed point in her life. I'm not sure she'll be ready to take a risk on that front, too.

As for Cormoran, he *has* admitted to himself that he loves Robin... but he has never really experienced a healthy relationship. The only decent relationships he's ever seen in his life are probably Nick and Isla's and Lucy and Greg's marriages... which he finds kinda dull.
I think this may be a huge source of insecurity for him, because after Charlotte he's trained himself to avoid any kind of real investment... but he wants to do right by Robin. Also, there's no way Charlotte isn't coming back to haunt him.

Hi! So good to read a familiar face here too! I hope we are gonna have much to comment and speculate on what's next in our favorite book and tv serie! I'm new here too but didn't know where to mention it and it didn't occure to me to do so in my fist comment!

06/18/2017 - 6:46 pm

honoraryskywalker said

What about his aunt and uncle? Their relationship was quite OK, I guess. And Uncle Ted was a huge role model for him anyway...

06/18/2017 - 5:49 pm