Book 4 Predictions | Page 5 | Discuss Cormoran Strike! | Discuss

Register Members

Book 4 Predictions
07/13/2017 - 4:12 pm

honoraryskywalker said

All of this is absolutely true. And it wouldn't be the first time Rowling gives us an example of downfall by arrogance.
He's so lost in his arrogance and his paranoia that he's starting to actually lose control: deleting Robin's entire call history is a desperate and dangerous move, and he'll pay for it.

You got that right! LOL

07/15/2017 - 8:27 pm

How possible could it be that after Robin says "I do" looking at Cormoran turns to look at Matthew and adds "not!"
Yeah I know it's unlikely but it would be so, so amazing!!!

07/15/2017 - 10:16 pm

LOL - I think it will be the priest that will have questions and Matt will be gobsmacked....

07/16/2017 - 9:28 am

DonnaN said

I'm affraid I didn't get that! Could you explain it a little better?

07/16/2017 - 9:44 am

I'll be SO happy if Matt makes a scene because of Strike and the priest interrupts the wedding.

07/16/2017 - 9:51 am

I'm affraid I didn't get that! Could you explain it a little better?

The question is who did she say yes to, Matt or Strike. I think the priest will need to clarify to make sure the wedding is legal. Anyway, drama is bound to ensue. It is going to be great to see how Jo resolves this dilemma.

07/16/2017 - 10:42 am

DonnaN said

lol It would be so funny if the priest askes her to clarify to which one she said "I do!" Yeah it's gonna be interesting to see how JKR reloves all this but God is she late and we do nedd some answers like yesterday!

Joanne
07/20/2017 - 12:51 am

For some reason I've never been able to register as a member--(it doesn't come to my gmail!?) but I will continue to post as a guest.

This is not really a prediction so much as a question. Considering the total silence on Book 4--other than the title given way back in March of this year--no word from JKR on a completion announcement or publication date for Book 4--but then just now there is a big announced for the publication of not one--but TWO Harry Potter books!! I am in despair that we are now not even going to see a Book 4--let alone see one this year.

I hope to God that I'm wrong but I am really down about this announcement for 2 books to be published in October and neither one is "Lethal White"!

07/20/2017 - 6:34 am

Joanne said

I have been annoyed ALL DAY about this. I'm still hoping for a pre-Christmas release for Lethal White, but... I admit it does not look good.

~~~ Follow me on Tumblr | Find my Strike Series Fanfic on A03 ~~~

07/20/2017 - 9:23 am

Joanne said

Hi Joanne! I had the same problem register with an e-mail account so I tried with another and it worked! I was lucky enouth to be in use of two e-mails!

I have a feeling that JKR can't let go of HP or she is thinking that HP books will bring her more money income and in the times we live I can't really blame her but by going always back to HP she isn't giving a real chance to her other books! The Cormoran Strike serie has potential but it is like JKR doesn't really care! I was kinda mad when yesterday I read that there are gonna be not one but two HP books while we are waiting for two years for another Strike book! I believe that HP was great but after the Deathly Hallows there isn't much to tell anymore, every thing must close his circle and in my opinion HP did! God I even started to have nightmares about the fourth book and Robin getting married to Matthew living with him and not working for Cormoran anymore for some time, so not good lol

I really hope that when the Strike tv-show airs we have some news about Lethal White publication date near Christmas I would guess if I had to and if not then I don't think it's gonna be published this year!

07/25/2017 - 10:19 pm

Joanne said
I remember that JK Rowling answered a fans question about whether Matt and Robin were married by telling the fan to read the last part.

In this tweet she answers " You must read the book to find out" but I can't tell for sure if she is talking about CoE or the fourth book because the girl that asked the question must have read CoE! Maybe she is telling her that the answer she is looiking for is in CoE but she didn't understood it, I really don't know how to interpret her answer!

07/26/2017 - 8:26 am

I'm so so sorry you guys but I didn't see the tweets have a date on them and it's set before Career of Evil was published so, JKR says that basically that the answer to the question wether Robin married Matthew or not is in the book!
So I guess she made it simple for us to understand that she did marry Matthew by how she described him! So the only question left is when will Robin dump his sorry ass! Kinda sad that Matthew did get what he wanted, that he won in the end! I know he is not the villain of the story with the typical meaning of the word but still I didn't wanted a happy ending for him even if it's temporary!
Because I know myself I'm gonna hate every second of him walking out of the church with Robin by his side as her husband and the only thing left to safe my good mood will be if all he did with her phone comes in the open and only a few hours after the wedding Robin leaves him!

07/26/2017 - 8:33 am

Ellie B. said

I think Robin will not find out about the missed calls erased by Matthew before a looooooong time. And because Cormoran does not talk about those things or will assume she had other things to think about he will not mention them . But whenever Robin will find out, that will be it. Matthew will be out of the picture.....unless she gets pregnant.... Why not?!

Cormoran indeed doesn't speak about those things but maybe Shanker knows about his calls and voicemail and it's the one to metion to Robin that before he decided to come to her wedding he tried reaching her by calling her several times including leaving her a voicemail! Maybe it's for some reason that Shanker was around and Cormoran went with him instead with a taxi for example as he uses to do!
As for Robin getting pregnant like SERIOUSLY??? For what? Giving Matthew another thing to control her with even if she decides to leave him at some point? Sorry but to me it sounds like such a bad idea!!!

07/27/2017 - 4:35 pm

If I remember correctly, Strike didn't take a taxi because he didn't have any money (he promised Shanker that he'd pay him as soon as he could). ... But if Shanker plays matchmaker between them I'll love him even more than I already do :D.

I'd never thought about a possible honeymoon pregnancy for Robin. PLEASE NO.

07/27/2017 - 5:58 pm

honoraryskywalker said

Yes I remember that Cormoran didn't had any money and so he asked Shanker and maybe because of Shanker's presence there things are going to be revealed that in any other case wouldn't!

honoraryskywalker said I'd never thought about a possible honeymoon pregnancy for Robin. PLEASE NO.

If that has any possibility of happening Lethal White will the first book I throw out of the window!!! That is the worst idea EVER!!!

10/01/2017 - 3:56 pm

I was also thinking about this phone issue. Matthew not only deleted Strike's voicemail message and her entire call history but also blocked out Strike. Now that they reconsile, they may want to talk to each other over the phone again.
it is no way that it will remain unknown to Robin that Strike is blocked. Unless Matthew unblocks him (or how this is called), of course. But Robin has been so cautious with her online security (she kept deleting browser history and changing paswords on her computer), I would think she would change her passcode as well, knowing that she gave it to Matthew...

Robin is a detective. Do you think she's not going to notice something strange about her whole call history missing. and then Strike showing up. All he has to say is, "I tried calling", which doesn't give much away, and Matthew's screwed. His actions are going to come back to bit him hard, I think, and while they may be married, I thin it's no longer a relationship sounded on trust. I suspect the wedding reception is going to be very, very interesting indeed, especially because Cormoran has a seat...

10/01/2017 - 3:59 pm

Joanne said

The very last paragraph of CoE includes the words, "her stony-faced new husband". I think JK thinks they're married, don't you? 😉

10/01/2017 - 5:31 pm

illuminatus said

I really don't know anymore what to think to be honest! Matthew can't give much as character to the story anymore as I see it! Yes he is described like "new husband" but then why J.K Rowling referes to the end as a cliffhanger if everything is solved with this description? Also why did J.K Rowling give the first chapter of her fourth book to the director of the tv-show so he can direct the wedding scene better? If nothing more is going to happen in the ceremony reading Career of evil would be enough to read in order to direct the wedding scene...
Also was Cormoran's "there's still time" foreshadowing?
The title of the last chapter (A redcap before the kiss) is a sign?
The only thing I know is that I want Robin to finally get her life in her own hands and dump Matthew! It would be great if she does so at the altar but during the reception would be also fine!
Also to be honest I would like for her to have her "kairos moment" (as described in TCC) while seeing Cormoran at the ceremony and realize that what she is about to do isn't the life she dreamed of and put an end to it!

10/02/2017 - 8:17 pm

I think the wedding reception may turn out like The Red Wedding! I suspect there may be some blood on the carpet (metaphorically at least) 😁

Matthew’s Kairos moment (deleting robin’s phone data) is likely to be the thing that causes the real storm, I think. Another violation.