Book 4 Predictions | Page 4 | Discuss Cormoran Strike! | Discuss

Book 4 Predictions
07/16/2017 - 9:44 am

I'll be SO happy if Matt makes a scene because of Strike and the priest interrupts the wedding.

07/16/2017 - 9:28 am

DonnaN said
LOL - I think it will be the priest that will have questions and Matt will be gobsmacked....

I'm affraid I didn't get that! Could you explain it a little better?

07/15/2017 - 10:16 pm

07/15/2017 - 8:27 pm

How possible could it be that after Robin says "I do" looking at Cormoran turns to look at Matthew and adds "not!"
Yeah I know it's unlikely but it would be so, so amazing!!!

07/13/2017 - 4:12 pm

honoraryskywalker said

All of this is absolutely true. And it wouldn't be the first time Rowling gives us an example of downfall by arrogance.
He's so lost in his arrogance and his paranoia that he's starting to actually lose control: deleting Robin's entire call history is a desperate and dangerous move, and he'll pay for it.

You got that right! LOL

07/13/2017 - 9:45 am

LindMea said

Matthew may not be stupid, but I think that he is certainly arrogant enough to believe he'll get away with it - AND I bet he underestimate's just how smart Robin is; he treats being a detective as a joke, he doesn't take her skills seriously at all. I can absolutely see Matthew not bothering to cover up his tracks properly because of these two factors.

07/12/2017 - 8:11 pm

I hope JKR handles it by making him gone from Robin's life and ours! As I mentioned before I had enough of Matthew and his issues with Robin for three books and I want a change! The worst Matthew can do to Robin if they get married is to pressure her more about her job or demanding from her to stop working for Cormoran or cheat on her again or he will get abusive towards her so Cormoran can go and beat him up to my satisfaction lol

Oh, I don't disagree. I think Strike punching him in the nose is going to be just one of the consequences. LOL CoolCoolCool

07/12/2017 - 5:45 pm

I also like that you can choose a sentence out of an answer which I don't know how to do! 🙁

If you hit "quote" when you answer, you'll see the text of the entire comment you're answering to in the textbox. If you don't need all of it, you can delete any part, but make sure that you keep the first and the last lines - the lines with the greater-than, and less-than signs (the things that didn't appear in the original text). These are the "tags" that make the text between them look quoted (italic and with that line on the left). Write your comments outside these tags.

If you want to quote once more in the same comment, copy the tags again, and write (/copy) the quoted text in-between them (or copy the entire thing that pops up first in the dialogue box once more and delete the parts that you don't need).

I hope I was clear. You can check out if your formatting was successful by hitting the save button. If something is not OK, you can go back to editing until your comment remains the last in the topic (i.e. until somebody else posts another comment).

Thank you very much for explaining to me how it's done! I will try it out and hope to manage it! 🙂

07/12/2017 - 5:43 pm

DonnaN said

I think she is going to loose her shit when she realizes how deceptive he has been. Because again, he acts one way with her and another without her. Things don't get better after marriage, they only magnify the problems. It will be interesting how Jo handles the situation.

07/12/2017 - 4:21 pm

Hi Donna! I hope this time Robin isn't going to be understanding and forgiving as she was with Matthew's mistakes in the past! She must realize that a married life to him will only make things worse in the relationship between them! If he takes so many liberties messing around with her life without being her husband what is he gonna do while she is his wife...

07/12/2017 - 11:47 am

07/12/2017 - 10:56 am

DonnaN said

Everyone is making very good points. I can't agree with your more. I think Strike is going to bring it up after he apologizes and explains he tried to call her that he figured out who the killer was. Then hell hath no fury then a woman's scorn. Matt is really in for it then.

07/12/2017 - 1:22 am

Very good points! Based on his personality and how little he thinks of Robin he could have done it without even listening to Cormoran's voicemail!
We know that he left her a voicemail but I hope we get to know what he was saying to her his message!

07/11/2017 - 8:43 pm

LindMea said

07/11/2017 - 8:22 pm

The only thing I don't understand is that - as Caitlin correctly put out - Matthew is not stupid. How did he imagine he could get away with it at the first place?

~~~ Follow me on Tumblr | Find my Strike Series Fanfic on A03 ~~~

07/11/2017 - 8:20 pm

No! 🙂 She will definitely torture us but with some more original suject.

God this woman loves to torture her fans lol
I can handle almost anything but she must just make Matthew go away in the first chapters of Lethal white!
She can torture me/us with will they won't they (Cormoran/Robin) for another two/three books I can handle it!
She can make Charlotte come back and torture me with will Cormoran take her back or not I can handle it!
A new man can come along and flirt with Robin and make Cormoran jealous for an entire book!
A very special woman can make her appearence and make Robin jealous! (In both cases we can wonder for the whole book if Robin and Cormoran are gonna give in to the new love interest or are gonna realize that they love each other)
But I can't with the same Matthew drama!

07/11/2017 - 8:14 pm

There is a possibility that Cormoran mentioned in his voicemail to Robin that if after his explanations she doesn't want nothing to do with him he isn't going to bother her again and wishes her well, Matthew listened to it and thought that if Robin never hears this voicemail he is safe and got rid of Cormoran for good...

07/11/2017 - 8:09 pm

LindMea said

I don't think there's any possibility that Robin WON'T find out, or that she'll find out much later; I definitely think it's a plot point that's going to cause some drama at the beginning of Lethal White, if she finds out much later it wouldn't have as much of an impact, and I think Rowling definitely set it up to be a pretty important plot point.

I really hope so! There must be something in which Matthew has to lose because until now despite what he has done everything goes as he wants it!
JKR is already torturing us by not publishing the fourth book sooner and I hope when we get the book in our hands we have many reasons to be happy about!

07/11/2017 - 8:06 pm

07/11/2017 - 7:59 pm

Actually my question was if there is any posibility that the phone thing doesn't come up in the first chapters and Robin goes on with her married life without knowing what Matthew did or she finds out about it much later!
Could it be posible for JKR to torture us for many chapters with will she won't she find out...?

~~~ Follow me on Tumblr | Find my Strike Series Fanfic on A03 ~~~